• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

The time has come to produce the Mopar1973Man High Idle & MPG fooler switches again.

I have read though most of this thread but not all.. Is this the only switch out there that has MPG fooler? Is there a MPG only switch? I had 6 cylinder enabled by a smarty and don't think I really need 3 cylinder. Am I correct that because I have a grid delete that I can just leave this in MPG mode all the time? If on a cold enough day... will the programmed 6 cylinder mode kick in while in MPG mode on this switch? 

7 minutes ago, dodgedieselnewbie said:

I have read though most of this thread but not all.. Is this the only switch out there that has MPG fooler? Not, sure, there are plenty of other modules out there and are meant for just improving MPGs thought. Is there a MPG only switch? Yes there is. MPG is the first selection you get to from OFF. I had 6 cylinder enabled by a smarty and don't think I really need 3 cylinder. Am I correct that because I have a grid delete that I can just leave this in MPG mode all the time? Grid heater or not you can leave MPG mode selected all the time. Keep in mind on colder days, the truck will not be too happy when starting with the switch in MPG mode. If on a cold enough day... will the programmed 6 cylinder mode kick in while in MPG mode on this switch? As far as I know, no, it will not kick into 6cyl with the switch in MPG. The high idle switch overrides temp readings and causes the engine to react accordingly. So if it's in MPG mode, its fooling the engine into thinking it's a nice warm summer day and so on with 6cyl and 3cyl high idle modes.

Hopefully I answered this correctly. If not I'm sure the smart guys will correct me!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We are happy to say that we have got 15 switches in the store for sale.  We expect these to go fast.  We will be updating the store each day as the remaining parts come in.    

This run of switches has 2 LED's that shine green in MPG mode and red in high idle mode.   Check out the store. 

• Like 2

This is awesome. I'll have to check the funds. I just dropped money on a new track bar and summer is around the corner so I might hold off until the next batch or so. 

But these looks great! It's great to see you guys continually improving and expanding on this platform!

Store issue has been fixed.  We have migrated to a better shipping process that uses an outside source to process the shipping.  It is working much better.  

Orders will now go through, without special address formatting thankfully.  

Please let us know if you have issues.

• 5 months later...

Hey guys, got a high idle switch question.

I haven't driven the 99 in a while so yesterday when I took it into work, I was going to start, made sure I had the switch in the MPG mode, turned the key to ON and my WTS light stayed on fffooorrreeevvveeerrr! Like seriously at least 45 seconds! After it went off I just started the truck and went because I didn't have time to do any diagnosing.

So on my way home, I did the same exact thing, thinking maybe it was just a fluke, but nope, did the same thing. So instead of starting I removed the key, let it sit for 30-45sec and tried again, same thing.

Next I removed the key for the same time, but moved the switch the off position, turned the key on and the WTS light went out almost immediately as expected since the truck was somewhat warm already and the outside air temp was pretty warm as well. Just for kicks, I let everything reset and tried again with it in MPG mode since I should be getting basically no WTS light and again, it stayed on suuuper long.

Any ideas?

• Owner

Just need to see the IAT and ECT with the key on and in the 4 position (OFF, MPG, 6 CYL, and 3 CYL)...

OFF should show the ECT and IAT match on a cold start.

MPG should show 143*F IAT temp.

6 CYL should show 26*F IAT and 123* ECT.

3 CYL should show 13*F IAT IIRC... 

Edited by Mopar1973Man