• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Mopar1973Man's Crankcase Vent Modification

Have you done Mopar1973Man's crankcase vent mod?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Have you done Mopar1973Man's crankcase vent mod?

• Yes...got it installed already.
    • Not yet but plan to do it.
    • Not doing it.
    • Don't know what it is.

Do you guys think it will be california legal. I have been dying to try this, to prevent the oily mess.

There are ZERO emission components on the 2nd gen ISB trucks. Matter of fact, the engine vent we're all discussing here is internal crankcase vent which vents into the atmosphere!!!!! How many vehicles do you run across on a daily basis that vent their engine directly to the wide open spaces with no EGR? I'd probably be safe to say not many. So in regards to your question, yes, extending the "open loop" engine vent hose to a different location is perfectly CA diesel smog legal and any smog tech who tries to tell you otherwise shouldn't be a smog tech. :)

Just spent most of last night doing the entire cooling system. New cap. New thermostat . New upper/ lower hoses and new heater core hoses also pulled the radiator and cleaned it and the fan shroud I also added the vent mod. Now hopefully I won't have anymore coolant issues while towing.post-11910-138698189626_thumb.jpgAnd afterpost-11910-138698189655_thumb.jpgCould not see through the radiator before but now you can.

post-11910-138698189613_thumb.jpg

post-11910-138698189647_thumb.jpg

Posted Image

103*F and I cut the horizontal section of the pvc pipe short /@#$&

Puke bottle was about 1/2 full and 1/2" thick layer or more of crud.

So I have to make a jerry-rig temp setup until I get another piece of pipe.

From the Galaxy S3

Posted Image

103*F and I cut the horizontal section of the pvc pipe short /@#$&

Puke bottle was about 1/2 full and 1/2" thick layer or more of crud.

So I have to make a jerry-rig temp setup until I get another piece of pipe.

From the Galaxy S3

Measure once, cut twice- no wait hows that saying go?!?:whistle::whistle:

• 4 weeks later...

I got most of mine done tonight but wonder how to keep the thing setting where is doesnt fall down? My boost tube comes out back by the fourth injector line and the vent mod wants to fall down on it.:think:

- - - Updated - - -

Second thought, what if we put the cover on that takes the place of the vent all together and run a small breather on the oil cap. Here is one, third from the bottom of page. http://hoeslidiesel.com/store/page2.html