• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

cummins stumble

Ok guys I have a 2000cummins and it was running great till today I started up a grade in 598th gear no issue till half way up it started stumbling only at 1800 rpm and up while in the throttle so I turned around and took it home and got the car and did my running well after I returned home I started it back up and it stumbled for a few min at idle and cleared up till I raved it to 3000rpm and it started stumbling and blue smoking and right befor I let off it poped in the exhaust. It also has 14 psi fuel pressure and no cel what could be causing this?

No fuel leaks externally I'm going to read the codes as soon as I can get one or get it to. Auto zone I'm sort afraid to drive it at this moment as I currently do not have any funds for a tow if What ever it is goes completely out. I there any way to tell if this is injector or vp related with out the codes I can not afford to throw parts at it as I just had to put a nv5600 in it a month ago

Thanks for the replys after work to day I got a little time to check a few things I checked for oil in the coolant and coolant in the oil none present also checked for blow by none is excessive. Checked for airaited fuel and fuel volume and all that is with in spec. Don't believe I have a air leak due to the fact it always starts first turn over 

No air in the system I Know that. I'm getting a scanner Friday so I'll be able to report back on that then. I am sadly running a airtec lift pump wanted a Cass but what I had save want in to the tranny a couple months ago but it holds 14psi at idle and 12 at woo throttle I ensure that with a gauge and low pressure light how ever due to past fuel pressur losses I hope the vp didn't did

While the fuel pressure is not terrible it could be better, but I understand financial limitations. Bare in mind that most low fuel pressure lights do not come on until about 5 psi or less, well into the danger zone and could just sit a 6 or more for along time before the light comes on. let us know what you find with the scanner.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, stevens cummins said:

No it doent considering I am broke after the trans but I believe I'm going to stick the new fuel filter in and clear the code and drive it to see if it comes back

If you don't use any 2 cycle oil in your fuel try it 1 oz to gallon, make sure it's ashless. And in your case try a bit thicker mix, might get some more life out of it until you save some money for new vp. Industrial Injection is the one I would go with, don'rt waste money on anything special. 

• Like 1