• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

White/blueish smoke help...

Heck, if money is there, might as well get some rv275s for a little boost in everything, I think they about $400. Then you can keep your stock injectors, pay no core charge and get more power and fuel economy. Again, it would be an extra $300. Or, send your cores in and pay $325 total, see link.

http://dieselautopower.com/diesel-auto-power-50hp-performance-injectors-7x0-008-vco-vp7x8vco/

On 12/3/2015, 10:34:32, Me78569 said:

If you are not loosing coolant or oil (to white looking for oil in my mind)  I would say the first thing to do would be to have your injectors tested.  

It looks EXACTLY like a truck with a PO216 code and timing that isn't working.  since you have no codes and no driving issues I think it is mech related timing issue vs the vp44 computer timing issue,  having a leaking injector would alter timing causing the white smoke when off the throttle.

I called everyone around my area. No one has it. I'm just going to send then in to DAP and have them do a pop test and if bad have then rebuilt.

You would be happy with the RV's or even the 50 hp. The add a nice bump in power and mileage as stated. i am running the the RV275's. Not sure what DAP charges to rebuild yours but it is worth asking them. 

Edited by dripley

Have you ever noticed your oil level go up? If you have a bad leak somewhere it should be growing. I had that happen once and used it for an excuse to put in new injectors. That would cover injector o rings and sealing washers and I also replaced the o rings on the cross over tubes. I never tried to determine what was leaking but it solved my problem. However I  was not smoking at all but had oil coming out of the crankcase vent.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2015 at 9:33 PM, WYOMING5.9ISB said:
On 12/7/2015 at 3:40 PM, dripley said:

Have you ever noticed your oil level go up? If you have a bad leak somewhere it should be growing. I had that happen once and used it for an excuse to put in new injectors. That would cover injector o rings and sealing washers and I also replaced the o rings on the cross over tubes. I never tried to determine what was leaking but it solved my problem. However I  was not smoking at all but had oil coming out of the crankcase vent.

How much did it cost to get the crossover tube seals replaced. I see that theres oring on the tubes themselves bur I also see that theres a seal in the head themselves where ir connects to the injector.

I replaced them my self. It is quite easy to do. There is one o ring on the cross over tube near the end where the fuel line attaches and the other end just seats into the injector. The injectors have an o ring on upper end and a sealing washer on the other end in the head. If you are getting fuel in crank case it is more likely getting in thru the injector o ring and not the cross over tube. If the crossover tube o ring is leaking you would see fuel on the head.

It is quite easy to do. I did the injector and cross over tubes in my son in law's drive way in about 3 hours with very basic tools.   I do not know what it would cost to have someone do it for you.

Were you able to determine that you have fuel in the oil? If you dont doing the above wont solve your problem.

• Like 1