• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

We need a truck for the new mopar1973man tshirts

Me78569

Alright gang,

We are in the process of making a new Mopar1973man tshirt, but we need to find a good truck image for the front of the shirt.    

The image should be simplistic, the fewer shadows / reflections etc in the image the better it will be.  It should also be a angled image of the truck so the grill and bed is visible.

So lets see what you guys have.  Post up a picture of your truck and maybe your truck will be featured on the new shirts.  

Edited by Me78569
  • Like 1

• Owner

Just for show purpose. We want to keep the Mopar M, and the text just changing to the current title logo. So we are looking for a truck to replace mine. :wink:

Mopar1973Man's Dodge Cummins Forum

4r3wu8.jpg

All the artwork has to vectored and reduced to about 5 colors. So like Me78569 mentions the shadows and reflections will cause issues in rendering in vector art form.

Even 2 trucks in a V pattern would be awesome say 2nd and 3Gen's. Or 1st and 2nd gens... You get the idea...

Edited by Mopar1973Man

6 minutes ago, Hawkez said:

I don't think mine is worthy to be on any such shirt.  TFaoro has a great looking truck, especially with that new bumper.  Hopefully he has one.

Personally, it is just a T shirt or sticker. I don't think anybodys truck is inherently better or worse for our purpose as a logo truck... what matters is that the truck is easily dealt with by the "artist" that we use for maximum impact and minimal cost and whining by the "artist."  

Forgive my grumping about the artist thing, but I have done T shirt orders before and if somebody is going to put the moniker of Artist on their name, they should be able to free sketch stuff for me without much hassle or complaint.  I know some real artists who have the capability and do such things for fun.  I can throw crap into a software program and make stuff, I have before and it turned out awesome.  I just don't have the demand creativity and skill that a true artist should.  

For the shirt I like the 2nd one Tyler.  

I think we want a highly optioned oem looking truck.  

Buzzinhalf,

I think we want a truck that gives people something to dream about, not what we all seem to actually deal with on a daily basis :) 

Maybe on the back of the shirt we can do a face on image with the front end up on jack stands with random steering pieces hanging off :whistle:

• Like 1

Several too many colors, but it illustrates what (I think) Nick was talking about in terms of needing fairly clean reflections to show detail in few colors.  

z6ZufZo.gif

9XFF78N.gif

I like this one... Creative juices are flowing.  And, it is two colors.

ciQDWMw.gif

Edited by CSM
  • Like 2

Just now, Mopar1973Man said:

Not bad CSM...

I used a font I like that mimics the one the USFS and Park Service used in the 1950s that has a nice 'lets go do something fun' look.  I am currently looking for something to put in the background in black.  Mountains, trees, Wild and Free being wild and free... 

• Like 1

Just now, Mopar1973Man said:

That actual font of the Achieve Your Destination actually was suppose to mimic the old 1970's Challenger Font. In designing that I was keeping to a Mopar theme mix of old and new.

All this is in layers as a .psd in Adobe Elements, so it can be re edited easily.