• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Scangauge 0 LOD/0.0 GPH at idle

Evening Gals and Gents, 

Having Issues with my Scangauge. It doesn't report load(LOD) correctly.

It's showing 0 LOD at idle. This results in 0.0 GPH at idle. 

I have contacted Scangauge and am currently emailing with them to hopefully find the problem. 

For those of you with a Scangauge what do you show for GPH and LOD at idle?

How is LOAD calculated?

I can even see 0 LOD when TPS is greater than 0. I found this out while coasting downhill in neutral and slowly pressing throtle down.

I do have codes stored: 0622, 0743, 1595, 1765 

I believe most of those codes were related to the Mystery Switch Lockup control

Other Known Problems are Alternator VAC to high(cycles between 0.065-0.156 at idle)

Thanks!

Currently running a 2002 Ram Cummins 2500 Quad Cab Automatic. Mostly stock except RP-100 and edge programmer.

Thanks for checking dripley. I guess the lod 0 at idle makes sense but 0.0 GPH definitely doesn't. 

I'll report back any findings by scangauge folks.

I've been reading and not posting in forums for so many years, it's nice to finally join the party!

Thanks for keeping the site up and running.

I have never used the mileage function on my SG. Did not really buy for that. The GPH, is that gallons an hour supposedly being used or just pumped? Reason I am asking is while coasting down a hill today at 25 to 30 mph The SG said up to 10.3 GPH. It increased with the RPM.

I would have to assume some calibration would need to be done to see an accurate reading.

Well that's a bummer. It really is a shame that we can't get this Scangauge to act rite.

I've been "calibrating" since i've had the truck and no matter how many times i perform the 

fillup on the scangauge it still won't show fuel consumption at idle. 

As far as speed calibration. I reflashed the computer for tire size. I had to tell it i had really small tires on to get the speedo and odometer to match the GPS. 

Dripley, its actually promising that yours will show gph at idle. Consider yourself lucky even though you don't use the feature.

It begs the question. How is LOAD figured on these trucks? I'm guessing a combination of things MAP sensor, throttle position, speed...    The edge programmer i have does affect MAP sensor...hmmm

Moparman, you have similiar readings, do you also have an altered map sensor signal?

I didn't get a response from scangauge today. As if they have better things do do. Ha

I have seen the scangauge in action on several gas rigs for thousands of miles. It's SCARY how 

accurate they can be when you put lots of miles on tank after tank. I'm guessing i could dial it in on the cummins but not if i ever idle.

Thanks for the imput

• Owner

Don't need to have value at idle to be accurate. I've done several trip where the pump lands within 0.1 gallons of what's displayed. Set it once and leave it alone. Constantly re-doing will just frustrate you. On the diesel it doesn't show an idle consumption but on the gasser it does.

Without without the Edge the MAP number is way off. At an idle it should be close to 14 or so. But mine starts at 28.6 with or without the Edge plugged in.

"I think" load is calculated from throttle position, fuel flow, RPM's.

• Staff

Load is reported by the ECM and GPH is calculated by the SG.  

Load is simply the ECM converting fuel flow to a number, which is why there should be load at idle, 4-6% normailly.

If load is off its likely not the fault of the SG. I sold my SG because it would work with my 05, it's an error in OBDII outputs. My Touch reads the same load errors but it does so much more than the SG. 

You actually do need load at idle for it to be accurate, but if you have very little idle time it can still be fairly accurate. 

Since there isn't load at idle the best way to calibrate it would be to fill up near an onramp, go drive for 20-30 miles turn around, go back and fill back up. Try to avoid any idle time. This will set the calibration, thou some tanks may be off based on idle time. 

Edited by AH64ID
  • Like 1

Well stated AH64ID. 

I'm at a loss for now. Sounding like it's just the way it is with our trucks. The factory trip meter display is actually looking pretty accurate at this point. And it will show 0 MPG at idle

MoparMan, while studying the map figures a little i found that the newer 2nd gen rams switched at some point to inches of mercury measurement (inHg) for atmospheric pressure instead of PSI. what elevation do you live at? Mine reads 29inHg with engine off at around 1400' elevation.

My boost is off on my scan guage. It goes to 8 and stops when my ispro gauge goes to 20 at full throttle. 

I do have a question for gpm does the scan gauge account for idle time and driving. I use the high idle in the mornings and my gpm's are definitely poor in the winter  and ok in the summer all I have to say those that claim  over twenty gpm on average liar liar pants on fire.

2001. 285 75r16. 4" exhaust. BAAF. Edge mileage max. FASS fuel pump. Ispro gauges. Moparman high ldle gpm kit.

Edited by lrhull

• Owner
1 hour ago, alfonzo27 said:

Well stated AH64ID. 

I'm at a loss for now. Sounding like it's just the way it is with our trucks. The factory trip meter display is actually looking pretty accurate at this point. And it will show 0 MPG at idle

MoparMan, while studying the map figures a little i found that the newer 2nd gen rams switched at some point to inches of mercury measurement (inHg) for atmospheric pressure instead of PSI. what elevation do you live at? Mine reads 29inHg with engine off at around 1400' elevation.

Elevation here is 2,800 ft but during the video I was head towards New Meadows, ID which is 3,500 feet roughly.

• Owner

I've got typically MPG, Total for the Day MPG, Total for the tank MPG and a random 4th. Like right now its IAT.

As for setting them go here...

http://www.scangauge.com/support/user-manuals/scangaugeii-user-manuals/

Then go to page 42 and read up on setting the XGauge.

Edited by Mopar1973Man