• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Rand Paul Bows out of the race

Wild and Free

Tis a sad day for the future of America, he was in my opinion the only one capable of turning the direction of the run away machine, nobody left in the conservative race has any chance of making any changes especially Cruz since he is totally owned by the mega banks, They write all the legislative laws along with all the special interest groups anyhow and he will just rubber stamp them, will be business as usual running us deeper into debt with any of the conservative choices left.

I am convinced Trump has not converted to conservative, his roots are too deeply tied to liberal ways and one doesn't just walk away from that no matter how hard he blows.

Crazy Bernie could be the front runner for the "democrats" too if Hilary gets indicted. Either way we'd be toast with her or him. Once obama leaves we'll still have to deal with him, maybe at the United Nations/world level. I listen to Rush on the radio every week when I travel and I can't pick out a candidate and say, "he's the one!", after listening to the pros and cons and speculation. Any elected official will be a betrayal to the American people but we probably won't lose our shirt and hat with Cruz or Trump in office. A 1/3rd of my paycheck is going to disappear every month regardless.   

My barber near Springfield, MA told me the other day that the guys at Smith & Wesson love obama! They have record sales numbers thanks to him!   

Me and others think Rand may have pulled up early looking for  a VP or cabinet position with one of the potential candidates left, all find it odd he pulled with a 5th place finish in Iowa beating out several others who spent a ton more money, too bad he drug Cruz through the mud in the last debate though, they should have tag teamed Rubio instead.

Paul like most of the b and c candidates are only in it for the brand boost and to fund their campaigns/permanent campaign staff. Most of his family is his permanent "staff." It pays to run in the primary.  

Dolla dolla bills yall!  I don't dislike some of his core financial ideas, but I haven't seen much action... just a lot of holier than thou preaching.  However the isolationism Ron preached is not a solution to anything except eventually creating a need for keeping selective service (the draft) registration active.

No offense to the paulites, but I am not sold on any of his results.  

In interesting news, I admire Trey Gowdy a lot.  Gowdy endorsed Rubio.  

52 minutes ago, Wild and Free said:

Wow..............just WOW!!! If this site had a bad reputation plug I would have zinged you there CSM. There was not a single word in your last post I agree with.:doh:

Zinged me for some discussion?  I am not trying to start anything, Bill, just some friendly discussion.  :)  I haven't even mentioned who I have donated to or am rooting for!  Hopefully it didn't come off too negative. 

I do really agree with you with this line...

"I am convinced Trump has not converted to conservative, his roots are too deeply tied to liberal ways and one doesn't just walk away from that no matter how hard he blows."

•  
Edited by CSM

HaHa no hard feelins :hug:just my dry humor coming off wrong..............................but I still disagree with the staements about the pauls lol.:poke:

Rubio is at the bottom of my radar in many many ways, he scares me, just one of those gut feeling things I can't explain.

Edited by Wild and Free

25 minutes ago, Wild and Free said:

HaHa no hard feelins :hug:just my dry humor coming off wrong..............................but I still disagree with the staements about the pauls lol.:poke:

Rubio is at the bottom of my radar in many many ways, he scares me, just one of those gut feeling things I can't explain.

Ok, I figured, but wasn't sure.  Carry ON!  :thumbup2:

I like the fiscal conservatisim that the Pauls are known for...  We need to let failures fail, banks, housing, or oil producers.  The Paul geopolitcs and policy I don't care for so much as I feel that isolationism hasn't worked in the past and won't work in our shrinking world.  The only reason we've had such a stable and peaceful (lacking active global conflict like ww1/2) world since WW2 is our (DIME) diplomatic, information, military and economic influence globally.  I am disappointed that the Pauls tend to become sideshows rather than pulling together and actually getting stuff done.  Compromise isn't always the best, but unfortunately, that is the way our system has to work.  I will give Paul this, I completely respect him for not going third party right now.  I do believe he cares about the country and does want whats best, but needs to keep pushing and working with the few good men in Washington D.C. that are honorable rather than becoming a sideline rabble rouser that he is portrayed as.  I hope he uses this political capital and finance from his run and makes good use of it. 

Rubio isn't my first choice either, but when asked specifically his reasons for why he supports things that I don't agree with (wiretaps, some immigration policy) he does have a reasonable non wishy washy answer when asked blunt questions.  I don't trust the government, but we have put ourselves in a bad place and I don't think we as a country have the balls to fix it correctly... hence why Rubio is pushing to make the best out of a crappy situation through compromise away from absolutes.  (not an endorsement of Rubio)

I am not ready to go get a Ted Cruz tattoo or nothin, but I like the guy and I think he has the skill to actually do the difficult job.  He has the intelligence, experience, drive, and last but definitely not least a diplomatic/political skill and grace I haven't seen in a conservative candidate in many years.  He is a very intelligent constitutional lawyer with an audiographic memory who has successfully argued cases before the supreme court.   Plus, when he does work, I find that he pushes for getting the most that he can for the issues that are right, while shining light on the flaws and corruption when possible.  

Edited by CSM
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wild and Free said:

I am waiting for the Ventura / Mcafee train to roll out of the station...................................:whistle2:

Oh no you didn't just go there.  Ventura?  As in Jesse "the mouth that (allegedly) got rekt by SEALs" Ventura?  

Pray tell, what do you love about that guy, aside from the high level of mulletude?  Which, by the way, that level of mulletude needs an IROC-Z camaro. 

Edited by CSM