• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

HO VP44 or SO?

36 minutes ago, dripley said:

The thing that bugs me is every where I looked you have to return the same pump for a core that you buy. So if I wanted to put an SO on mine i would have to find an SO to return. Always thought that was a little strange. 

The SO and HO VP's are identical except for a couple differences.  The PSG which is removed anyways (or should be), and the plungers and fuel cam.  Other than that, there is no way to tell the difference between the two unless you knew what you were looking for.  So a core is a core..... :thumbup2:

• Like 1

I understand the differences are minor between the HO and the SO. But my point was to order an SO pump for my truck the vendors will not accept my HO pump for a full core. They knock 50% off the core value. Please scroll down to "Core" near the bottom of the page. This is DAP but i have seen it on other sites as well and i seem to remember some that would not accept a different core period. Not sure of that one though.

http://dieselautopower.com/bosch-027-vp44-fuel-injection-pump-standard-output-235hp-wire-tap-voids-2-year-warranty-vp44027/

• Owner

Gott pay closer attention...

Midwest Injection is the tight one...

Now Industrial Injection is a different story... Notice no core issues...\

http://dieselautopower.com/industrial-injection-standard-output-vp44-235hp-0-470-506-027/

Again you get what you pay for. You want cheap expect cheap.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Gott pay closer attention...

Midwest Injection is the tight one...

Now Industrial Injection is a different story... Notice no core issues...\

http://dieselautopower.com/industrial-injection-standard-output-vp44-235hp-0-470-506-027/

Again you get what you pay for. You want cheap expect cheap.

I dont see any core policy on that one.

2 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Dang you Dave your going to make me go out and hunt this all down... :punish:

Not trying to make you do that. I just remember seeing alot of that when I bought mine many years ago. I looked on Blue chips site and dont see it there. Not much about a core other than it has to be returned within 30 days. But i am betting that DAP and Vulcan are not the only ones.