• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I posted my concern regarding my FP gauge on the CF a week or two ago... thinking maybe my lift pump was the issue. KATOOM indicated that gauge may not be working correctly and suggested I contact ISSPRO. I posted in their sponsor's forum but no response.

I just read another post regarding the FP gauge when the truck is turned off... whether it should or shouldn't drop to zero.. and the consensus is yes it should. 

I just checked mine and it does not drop when I shut down.

Here's a video of a first start this morning. Shows the pressure at 16 from last night.. what happens when I turn the key (which was my intitial concern a couple weeks ago.. no build in pressure).. then I bump the starter to let the pump do its 25 second cycle.. then a turn on and start. 

I initially thought it was my lift pump because I don't hear it when I turn the key (I thought I used to) but it always fires up instantly... 

Do I need a new gauge? Sensor? How do i diagnose this?

Edited by dodgedieselnewbie

• Owner
3 minutes ago, Hawkez said:

Sounds like you need to verify it with another gauge.  This is the reason that I would like put a test port in to connect to a test gauge.  That would take the wonder out of it.

Already got a test port just add a tee and test gauge... :)

iss-pro-fuel-pressure-sender.jpg.8786ebf

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner
Just now, Me78569 said:

some trucks only power the lift pump for a split second also when you key on, so you won't see any pressure until cranking.

:iagree:

The key on bump is meaningless and just a software thing. Has no impact on lift pump pressure or performance. Just when the key is turned on the ECM boots the software and the lift pump may or may not run. Again depends on the software that is loaded on the ECM

• Owner
19 minutes ago, Hawkez said:

Sorry Michael, I was suggesting that the OP have one.

Just showing off how to have a nice test port for the OP. Way better than fighting with a sensor on the VP44 line. I'm working on getting these brackets produced for sale. Making gauge install easier and testing easier. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man