• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Sums it up for me

Wild and Free

• Staff

Yep I have seen young children better behaved..... act like spoiled little brats.

If I was running for office, I would tell them go ahead find all you can about my past, blab all the bad you can muster, but I'm not getting caught up in it that stupid little game.... I'm moving forward to solving the mess we are in.

BY THE WAY... Why does Apple have to be so unpatriotic about decoding that terrorists phone? Why make such a big deal about it with the news, when all Apple has to do is, not reveal the code, just tell the FBI what's one the phone?? How stupid..... trying to tell the government that Apple can do whatever they want instead of trying to work this out. I think there is a story here that involves a lot of BS.

I won't be buying Apple products anymore. 

I have been following the Apple versus government debate and it seems all the other tech companies have now sided with Apple as well on this one. I have to stand with them as well. This is a slippery slope that would have no positive outcome for the general publics privacy if it does happen even though they have done it in the past under different circumstances. Probably the one last thing the gov can't have access to "Yet" and it pizzez them off bad.

Edited by Wild and Free

I hate to side with Apple, as I don't agree with %90 of the things they do, but this time I think they are right.  I don't doubt that it is a publicity stunt trying to gain supports for their products.  Apple is VERY good at marketing and appearing trendy to the public.  Privacy is very trendy right now....

From what I understand about it is,

They already have the legal ability to get warrants to find info on the device, what they don't have is the back door access through encryption on the device to pull the info without having to go through the warrant process.

I might be missing something but I did dig to deep into it.

• Like 1

• Staff

You guys don't understand my question...... What I'm asking is why doesn't Apple simply tell the FBI what is on the phone and thereby not reveal the encryption code???

Edited by JAG1

Apple claims they do not have any way of hacking their own encryption system on the new phones, to do so would be very costly and time consuming and counter productive for the reason of encrypting them in the first place and then it would open up pandoras box for law enforcement of accessing them all for any reason.

• Like 2

• Owner

Kind of like my Linux I can encrypt my hard drives and make it secure. Then someone trying to remove my hard drive and reading the data from a second machine. Data is encrypted. Like @Wild and Free said it would open Pandora's Box and allow any law enforcement to sniff your phone device without your permission. 

I dunno I think we should just give Hillary the passcode for the encryption......what's the worst that could happen? 

1 hour ago, JAG1 said:

You guys don't understand my question...... What I'm asking is why doesn't Apple simply tell the FBI what is on the phone and thereby not reveal the encryption code???

Apple also did release all the message data and voice data from the phone per the warrant. Really everything the FBI needs they already have.  

Edited by Me78569

• Staff

Okay that reveals how I don't follow up on the news very well :doh:. I'm glad they did do that at least. They are Americans down there at Apple then. :thumb1:

12 hours ago, CSM said:

Plus, the government has shown that it can't keep secrets.  Our enemies and organized crime would have the access in short order. 

This why I think we need to lay off about half the government. They've had an expensive easy ride for too long. They're just like crooks taking more and more, all the while telling us how they are perfect saints. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...