• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Seems my boost is low  10 maybe when I hit it I have edge comp set on 3x3 lot of smoke maybe leaking or glowshift hooked up wrong or plastic hose cracked hooked it up awhile ago but with my setup I should hit 30 lb quick I think or gauge is NG any ideas where to start 

If it's hard to make any kind of power under 2000 RPM, then I'd be looking at a boost leak straight off.

You can also give the turbo a quick inspection.  There is a how-to in the article section.

• Like 2

• Owner
7 minutes ago, notlimah said:

any advantage to that over mounting up top?

Yes.

First off the boost bolts are very thin hollow bolts. So it more common to see either boost leaks around a boost bolt area. Then find some that fights the leak and break the boost bolt off in the hole because attempting to seal boost leak by adding more torque. The other problem is boost bolt puts the tubing on top and in the way of most valve and injector work so it more likely to snag or break the tubing now.

The port in the manifold is 3/4" NPT so you need to find a bushing or 2 bushing to reduce from 3/4 to 1/8 NPT. Once you got it reduced down then you can install your tubing so it runs down and curls back up to the cowl heading more to the driver side fender. This allows for working around the MAP and IAT sensor without much issues.

spray bottle and water are not bad, but won't find the tiny leaks.  But I think you are looking for a big one.  (I use soap water first, then go to a leak detector.  Good liquid leak detector stuff is available at any natural gas place or HVAC store  Ferguson CC Dixson etc.)

Here is Mike's article on it. 

• Like 1

Thanks Mike I mAde one today couldn't get higher than 6 lbs was going to buddy's house to use his big comp I just had a little 12v tire pump I thought It should've been enough anyhow I turned in on the adjustable boost elbow and threw the bhaf back on i had to wait awhile till he got home so I soaked everything up with soapy water and fired her up first coupling right under turbo blowing big bubbles soak all the clamps up wd 40 and it got dark the hunt continues tomorrow