• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Edge comp, mild injectors, fuel mileage

Thanks again for all the help and advice guys! I will most likely be going with DAP when I get the funds for these. Gota do some saving up because I'm already planning on the new steering setup from synergy when it come out in August :cool:

also incase anyone was wondering, I filled up this afternoon and I got 18.26 on the tank with the comp on 5x2. This tank I'm testing out 4x4.

• Owner

I would go up it 5x3 or 5x4. Trying to stay out of the defuel mode more.

Sublevel

1. 33% of stock fuel till 20 PSI of boost pressure.

2. 50% of stock fuel till 15 PSI of boost pressure.

3. 67% of stock fuel till 10 PSI of boost pressure.

4. Some extra fuel at low boost.

5. Full fuel at 0 PSI boost pressure.

With that being said 5x5 typically netted me the highest being there was no defuel map also was the hardest because it was up to me to hold back on the throttle till about 10 PSI at then lay into the throttle.

Correction I missed one value...

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

I appreciate the tips! I was playing around in the 5x range on the last tank before settling on 5x2. It seemed to smoke quite a bit above 5x2, that's why I went lower on this tank. So far 4x4 seems fairly clean and spools decently quick. I don't go above 10psi of boost much in my daily driving. I don't even get to 10 psi that much...I think I really need a cleaner injector :sleep:

what at is the purpose of the comp limiting fuel below stock levels? 

Edited by leathermaneod

5 minutes ago, leathermaneod said:

I appreciate the tips! I was playing around in the 5x range on the last tank before settling on 5x2. It seemed to smoke quite a bit above 5x2, that's why I went lower on this tank. So far 4x4 seems fairly clean and spools decently quick. I don't go above 10psi of boost much in my daily driving. I don't even get to 10 psi that much...I think I really need a cleaner injector :sleep:

It's not limiting the stock power, but rather the amount of power added on top. So if you're on level 5 (120hp) and sub level 1 it'll only give you 40hp above stock before you get more boost.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

It's not limiting the stock power, but rather the amount of power added on top. So if you're on level 5 (120hp) and sub level 1 it'll only give you 40hp above stock before you get more boost.

That makes way more sense now! Thank you!

• Owner
8 minutes ago, leathermaneod said:

Sublevels are design to give 3 levels of smoke control. Problem as you enter the defuel mode it seem to lose the timing and performance bonuses in the defuel mode at least on my truck. Once above the defuel mode now the timing and everything seem to be in full swing. Sublevels 4 and 5 are powered levels with little to no limits on fuel and timing so it much more aggressive.

@TFaoro is right the main level is just limiting you max fuel at WOT. That's all...

• Like 1

Yeah I got one on eBay for $17.50. Local cummins service center wanted $16, plus $10 for freight since they had to order it. No the price isn't stoping me, more just the time right now. Gota try and get some more use out of this truck before putting more into it. Ive spent so much in the last year and a half its not funny. When I bought it I figured, "it has a cummins, 248K is nothing". I didn't realize all the other odds and ends that come up on a vehicle with that many miles. Plus my OCD over little things hasn't helped. Then my poor decision to get a shop to do some work on it instead of tackling it myself. What a fiasco that was. Anyway its been a learning experience. I get carried away dreaming about the next mod, injectors in this case, but in reality I don't "need" them right now, and I need to save some $ too lol. I plan to do them ASAP, just not sure exactly how soon that will be. 

Don't forget about Power Driven Diesel for injectors. They have their Budget Builder sets for around $300. I just put a set of 7.009 in a 94 12v with over 1.3 million miles and the owner said they ran great, smoother than the stockers i pulled out. I have also ran 7x.010 Contagious Diesel in my 24v and they ran great with great customer service. This new set of 5x.016 from Infinite Performance I just put in my 95 are smoother than the JL Machine 5x.012 and stockers i pulled out.