• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Knocking sound.

14 hours ago, Cowboy said:

I'm in the market for a set of cores, I'm pretty cheap though.  Otherwise I believe some vendors will buy your cores, you'd have to look at there website.

I was never really happy with the 7 holes smoke wise, the current 5 holes seem to be better, but here is a compilation of videos of spooling from different RPM's.  This was also with a HE341 which doesn't do as well below 1700 RPM as the HX35.  This is also an apples to oranges comparison with a 24V as I adjust fueling based off the smoke output.

Bottum of post #4 http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/94-98-performance-parts-discussion/1976641-turbo-performance-blanket-review.html#post22877737

Dude that's an amazing thread! Now you got me wanting to get some blankets!

• Like 2

The_Hammer

On the 12V's it's generally recommended to use the thinnest washers that way it's shooting as far in the bowl as possible with the higher than stock timing people typically run.  As far as what's stock, I've seen each size in a stock application.

notlimah

Thanks, I'm glad you found it useful.

• Like 2

Injectors typically last at least 300k.  Though the stock ones I've seen between 200-300k are typically down to 220-240 bar.  All they needed was a little shimming and were good to go again.

The P7100 is debatably the most reliable part on the truck, though some 94-95's have plunger warping issues.

22 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

@Cowboy So... Where is that wonderful write up here? :shrug:

Complications.

Edited by Cowboy
  • Like 1

Well I'm still waiting on my injectors smiley_thinking.gif

Guy was supposed to ship them Wednesday but didn't, didn't Thursday because he said he and his wife ended up with food poisoning but promised to ship them yesterday. I sent him a text a couple hours ago asking if he shipped them yet and haven't heard back. I'm starting to get pissed already. If he didn't ship them yesterday I'm telling him to refund my money or I'm filing a claim with PayPal.

Got the injectors in this morning. No more injector knock or popping while under a load and a TON more power! It pulls hard until around 2200-2300 rpm then starts defueling. I can only imagine what a 4k gsk and bigger turbo will do icon_smile_tongue.gif

2 hours ago, dripley said:

Good to hear you found your problem. Hope you are drying up alright out there. 

We're all dried up and the river is back to normal. Almost done repairing the house, should be back in it within two weeks. 

• Like 3

I've now got some questions about turbos. I'm going to upgrade my HX35 eventually and I'm not sure which direction to go. I'm not going any larger than the 5x.012's I have now and just want to maximize their potential. I was thinking about going with a 62/65/12 but I'm not sure yet. Thoughts? 

True enough, but the drive-train likes lag so it's kind of a wash depending on how you look at it.

I obviously do not look at it that way!

Also being an automatic, you won't notice the lag as much as us stick guys.  A HE351 or S362SXE should do fine.

• Like 1