• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

14 hours ago, leathermaneod said:

Lol thank you. I believe it is also possible to figure out the size based on the model number on the tag. I'm still a little concerned about the quality...I wish I could get a genuine Holset wheel....

Check out gillette diesel. I have ordered multiple housings and wheels from them, all genuine holset. A slight upgrade to a 58mm or 60mm  wheel and housing is not that expensive also.

Thank you! I will look into that. What would a slight upgrade like that get me? Quicker spool or mpgs? Only thing I miss going from smarty to edge comp is that now my truck has a little lag compared to the smarty. Also, I see they have various numbers of blades with the different size comp wheels. Do I want 6,7 or 8 blades?

Edited by leathermaneod

1 hour ago, leathermaneod said:

Thank you! I will look into that. What would a slight upgrade like that get me? Quicker spool or mpgs? Only thing I miss going from smarty to edge comp is that now my truck has a little lag compared to the smarty. Also, I see they have various numbers of blades with the different size comp wheels. Do I want 6,7 or 8 blades?

No idea on blades...

The upgrade will give you more air (lower EGTs and more power.) It will be just a touch laggier. I don't forsee a difference in MPGs with that small of a change

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

This is impressive...

He does some pretty cool stuff with turbos on many different projects. He also runs a 71' duster with a turbo 318 and sv650 turbo bike. he's just east of me in NM. 

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know where I might be able to find what size comp wheel my hx35w has based on the numbers? I want to have the parts before I tear it apart lol is there anywhere I can plug in the part number and have it spit out the size? I spent a good bit of time searching yesterday but can't figure it out. Lots of conflicting info. I found stock wheel on amazon that says it's by Cummins turbo technologies for a hy35, hx35, or he341 and has a wheel size of 54x78mm. It's only $40 so I'm trying to figure out if it's gona work or not....

Well I just spoke to a very helpful gentleman at Gillette Diesel. He confirmed the size is 54x78mm. He also told me that he wouldn't be overly concerned about balancing. He said when they balance them, they don't have the equipment to balance the assembled core, just the shaft with the components on it. He said usually when the do balance the older ones, they are pretty close. He said many people opt to not balance on rebuilds and few have issues. I also asked about the turbine size upgrades and he said even with the new housing they have, some light machining is needed on the core for the bigger wheel to clear and it would be a little slower to spool. He also said to rebuild mine with a new wheel from them would be about $550. He also said they could sell me a core for about $400. So that pretty much clears up my questions on that. Buy a new wheel and rebuild it myself without balancing.