• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Adrenaline V2 Testing

TFaoro

5 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Yes. I've got the iQuad BT for my Android phone.

Yes. Is completely wireless data to the device. 

As for old school displays you'll have to ask @Me78569 about it.

Thank you, so if i buy this iquadbt, how do I download this latest software that ME78569 just got working on, through my phone or does this iquad module has to be connected to desktop, I know I'm not that bright when it comes to electronics:think:. And is the software available now?

the Iquad connects via wiretless to your phone,  no wires like the old pv screen, but you can't use both together as they plug into the same plug.

buy the Iquad, Plug it into your adr box under hte hood where the pv2 screen plugs in.  download the iquad app on your phone then load the flash I have. and you are off to said race.

Edited by Me78569

5 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

the Iquad connects via wiretless to your phone,  no wires like the old pv screen, but you can't use both together as they plug into the same plug.

Ok got that part, sorry I'm sitting on keyboard wanting to buy this iquad, just want to make sure I get the right stuff. Any preference who to by it from? Want to support someone that helps you guys. 

18 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

buy the Iquad, Plug it into your adr box under hte hood where the pv2 screen plugs in.  download the iquad app on your phone then load the flash I have. and you are off to said race.

Ok, where is your golden flash, is it secretly stashed someplace?

2 hours ago, Me78569 said:

Ok, where is your golden flash, is it secretly stashed someplace?

1 hour ago, Me78569 said:

Not as cold as my house, need to pay the bills :shifty: 

Just ordered it from dap, If I lived closer I'd come over and bring few thing to grill and beer, and help you get some firewood to keep you warm. :party:No seriously is it not available to anyone but select few and i got to learn how to write codes now:kick:

Alright,

Spencer gave me the go ahead to post the flash for download ON ONE CONDITION 

Don't Call Quadzilla and ask for help loading the Driver if you are on windows 10.  They are working on getting the Driver updated for the Vast amont of changes microsoft put in place.  

If you have loaded a Quadzilla flash to your box before it will work without troubles, but if you have a new machine and you have never flashed the box you will have to install the driver manually.

The directions on how to do it yourself are posted in the download section and it will work if you follow the directions., 

If you want to send your box into Quadzilla they will flash the V2 tune for you for the same $15 they always charged for flashing service.  

If you send me the box I can do it for a blank check 

Here it is, Download this file

ADR1000V2.exe

Download that double click, flash to your box.    If you have issues post it to this thread and I will help sort them out. 

Nick

Edited by Me78569
  • Like 1

Me78569 you are THE MAN:thumb1:, thanks again on all the hard work. So I have some more questions some might be dumb but o well other might wonder the same thing. 

1. Can this new flash still work without using iquad and using my original v2 pulse monitor with less options?

2. Why do you need to install quadzilla flasher program on desktop if you have iquad and can download your new flash using phone, or you can only download tunes through the phone and not the actual flash?

3. Is this iquad box only a way to communicate to adrenaline box and have an option for wireless control with cool features, and this iquad box itself does not store any flashes 

4. Do you have to have a dedicated phone or tablet always in the truck. If not then basicly when you go home or wherever, you take phone with you and your wife or friend comes borrows your truck, then what? Is this where an anti theft tune can be used, load it to adrenaline before leaving and next person in the truck not knowing can never drive it, and since there is no evidence of a programmer in the cab they assume it's a piece of sh.. and move on to spear change?   

I'm sure there is more but this will clarify a few things, thanks again Nick, my mind is being tempered with:ahhh:

Edited by Dieselfuture
  • Like 1

• Owner
1 hour ago, Dieselfuture said:

1. Can this new flash still work without using iquad and using my original v2 pulse monitor with less options?

I don't think the older PV module will understand the v2 software changes.

2. Why do you need to install quadzilla flasher program on desktop if you have iquad and can download your new flash using phone, or you can only download tunes through the phone and not the actual flash?

Because there is no option to import or export by device yet. The only then you can do is adjust all the settings by your phone. You can't export or import flashes from your phone yet.

3. Is this iquad box only a way to communicate to adrenaline box and have an option for wireless control with cool features, and this iquad box itself does not store any flashes

No. iQuad doesn't store anything it just a transceiver. Yes, the iQuad is the only way of communication unless you remove the main module and flash with you PC using USB cable.

4. Do you have to have a dedicated phone or tablet always in the truck. If not then basicly when you go home or wherever, you take phone with you and your wife or friend comes borrows your truck, then what?

Like myself when I was in Homedale Idaho I was leaving on level 1 with a power reduction of 95% which made it a turd.

• Like 2

what he said.  

the pv screens are not coded for the new stuff.  I don't exactly know what would happen, but you are free to try?  If I was to guess I would assume it would set 0 to all new variables when you try to load a tune...not good.

For those who would like to use a phone to control the quad, but don't want to use their cell phone, pick one of these up

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorola-XT912M-Droid-Razr-Maxx-Verizon-16GB-Android-8MP-Camera-Smartphone-/381566967065?hash=item58d729dd19:g:OSYAAOSwoudW4tDV#viTabs_0

40 bucks with no service plan. I had that phone for 2 years and it never gave me trouble. Used it for another 6 months with the quad and didn't have issues. 

@Me78569 do you know if the apple V2 is working yet? 

• Owner

For those that do want to use your cellphone (Android)...

I've got a LG G4 Android phone. I've got it loaded up with the iQuad BT app. Then got all my MP3 music on it. So all I got to do is fire up my MP3 player and the iQuad app. If the phone rings then it piped through the stereo for me. As for the iQuad app it works very well with a cellphone. Like in my setup the music is playing, then phone rings it pauses my music drops the iQuad app. Now as soon as I finish the phone call it drops the phone app and returns the iQuad and resumes my music. Very slick setup and no complaints. 

DSCF3909.JPG

DSCF3910.JPG

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

• Owner

Is it 2 phones I see, are they both hooked up to iquad?

No. My cellphone is running the iQuad Bluetooth app located at the transfer case lever. My Azpen a729 tablet is running the OBDLink Bluetooth app located in the dash pouch.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

Just throwing these ideas out there because I know some will be looking for mounting options etc.

I'm using an IPad with a cup holder mount and it could be a little higher but overall it's sturdy and out of the way of the stick.

038DC1FC-BA59-4C90-BC2E-2F7D1AB719E3_zps

Fit an finish, needless to say below took a little bit of time but I'm much happier with everything being in the truck and not having to open the hood every time I want to run a new flash. Also something to note, I do not have this connected to the battery at all.  I wish that Quad would rethink this whole hooking a module straight to the battery without a fuse....  Maybe they will listen but then again I know that this is probably sourced somewhere else and not in house.  @Me78569  if that was your idea then no hard feelings lol.

I cleaned up and extended the harness by 2.5 to 3 feet depending on what plug it was.

D078A682-A2B3-4918-BFF9-31790826C0A5_zps

And the final result

9CA27536-C803-40EC-B5F7-CC97B981ED67_zps

22115203-6DF1-42DA-8EF1-962BEAAD60AA_zps

• Like 1

I have something fun to test, but I need a late yaer automatic truck :)

AS a side note I finally got to do some 70+ mph driving last night.   With the cruise timing enabled my EGT's at 75 are down ~150*f compared to stock.  Boost is about the same sitting right at 5 / 6 psi, canbus fueling was right around 1200.  No idea what my mileage was like, but I found that interesting.

• Like 1