• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Adrenaline V2 Testing

TFaoro

Having little trouble putting new flash on my Adrenalin box. I got my iquad in from dap and it works fine with original software that came with quad 5 years ago, this is first time i'm trying to load a new flash on the unit and having problems. I got windows 7. Basicly I click on new flash and when it asked for module to be plugged in it did'nt work. It just makes noise like it's found new driver to install but it didn't

You need to install the driver for the module, 

Follow the direcitons in the PDF I posted in the other thread ( you won't have to force unsigned drivers to work. Just follow step 2 in the PDF.

Once you get the driver installed then you can flash without trouble. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Have you ever flashed the quad box before?

No I have not. First time I took it out of truck.

18 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Try finding the module first before doing the flash. This will ensure the software can see the module.

So I have to open ADR1000V2   and then click on it and when open it asks Get information from module and Update module? then I connect module through usb and chose get info? I can get that far but then it connects and disconnects and makes constant sounds like found new hardware. 

9 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

You need to install the driver for the module, 

Follow the direcitons in the PDF I posted in the other thread ( you won't have to force unsigned drivers to work. Just follow step 2 in the PDF.

Once you get the driver installed then you can flash without trouble. 

Will this work on windows 7 . I feel like it's almost working but I think I'm missing a step. 

3 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

Will this work on windows 7 . I feel like it's almost working but I think I'm missing a step. 

Yep, this does work.

After you follow all of the steps in Nick's post, this is how I do it and it works 99% of the time. 

Leave the box unplugged. Click on the downloaded tune. That should open up the flasher where you have the option to select "Get information from module" or "update module." Then plug your quad into the computer. Then click "Get information from module." It should find the module and fill in all the little blanks with info. Then click "update module" and it should start flashing the box.

Every now and then it doesn't work, but I just close out of the program and re-open it. It'll usually work that second time. 

The sound you're hearing I think is normal. Mine does that as well when the box is plugged in. I just turn my sound off when flashing. 

• Like 1

Ok Thank you for these super fast replies, I got it to work, Did it again and like Tyler said opened tune, then connected module, then get info, info popped out, then update on the right and it updated, then back to get info and it now says AD1000V2 at the bottom. Can't wait to find out. Thank you all again. :thumbup2:  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

It will connect and disconnect, that is normal.  but you need to install the driver for the box first then you will be able to flash the tune. 

I belive this is what I was missing https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=21 Is this the driver?

Edited by Dieselfuture

Yes You are right, computers are a pain in the as. , especially if you don't know what you're doing like me. :think: Plus if it happens randomly to random people on random computers, then it really make it hard for me doing it for the first time, thinking I did everything right and it's not working. Then you go second guessing what you did wrong but in fact you might of done it right the firs time, just the computer decided to give you some crap when you least need it. Ether way hopefully I don't have to touch it again for 5 more years. Then it will be done through the phone:whistle2: or by just brain power.  

OK, I seem to be dumber than I thought, Under vehicle selection What do I chose? Version 2.4  Test Dodge 2001-2001 v2BETA ? My truck is 02. 

Edited by Dieselfuture

Man my head is spinning, :thud: Nick I know you have some examples of tunes. But can you please post a few complete ones say for 50-60 hp injectors at maybe a 800' elevation, one for mpg and one for Daily commute and a tow, or anyone who played with this and understands it, like Mike:sofa:. It might be a bit much to ask and every truck is different but I have my hopes up.

Also I saved a custom tune and named it DD has 6 power levels but when switch to gauge screen it shows 0 and I can't go up or down. Also this power reduction setting, does it apply on any tune at level 1 only. So no matter how weak or aggressive your tune might be if you set power reduction to 5 then on lev1 it will barely run.     This will be me soon :mad@computer: maybe Nick and Mike too after dealing with me. 

If now one replies I'll understand

Edited by Dieselfuture