• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Adrenaline V2 Testing

TFaoro

Just to be clear, the value shown on the iquad isn't atmospheric pressure being shown plus actual boost is it?  should that value read 0 at idle and if the engine is off but the key is on?

I have read a couple post where people were seeing the same values as me at idle and thought their MAP was bad but it turned out to be the value of atmospheric pressure being shown and not actual boost pressure.

The Iquad screen will show between 0-2 psi at idle depending on the truck.   If it is showing 14 psi then your truck ecm is literally reporting it is seeing between 10 - 14 psi at idle.  

Atmospheric is considered in the calculation

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I guess I'll take a second shot at typing this, since for some reason it didn't send and 'poofed'. Must be Monday.

So, I haven't done a ton of tuning, but I made a little bit of progress with my plans of tuning timing on my truck. Even in the flattest part of Canada, its tough to do steady state tuning with minor changes in wind/grade... Especially since I still haven't been able to export my logs. What I really need is a dyno... But I'm too cheap, and especially can't justify the cost while I'm in experimentation mode. But, I digress...

Here's the issue I'm having: I need the Max timing limits increased, especially for 1500 and 2000 RPM, and possibly 2500, not there yet. Confused? Think I'm a meat head? Haha. Perfect! Let me explain.

So, if you recall, the goal for my timing tuning is to get a timing curve as efficient as possible using logged data from EGT's and canbus fuel levels. I want to use the Max load timing feature for this, and I'd like to avoid the cruise timing feature. I'd like my timing map to be dynamic enough without applying cruise timing. I really think this is doable and important. Load timing should help facilitate this. I decided I should switch directions a little and get a good starting point by comparing lvl 0 (stock) timing to lvl 3 (custom) timing. What I learned, is with load timing at 3*, or even 2*, I can't event reach stock timing advance cruising at 1500 RPM, with Max timing set to 18* (upper limit). I have a 3.54 rear and 35" tires, so this is important. My highway 100km/h cruising RPM is like 1650. Yes I know I can enable cruise timing, but I really think this would be a bandaid, and only help things at steady state cruise, no hills, no towing, etc. No good in my amature opinion.

With load timing set to 2*, and 1500 RPM timing maxed out at 18*, I'm still at least 1.5 * -  2* below stock advance at steady load, whereas I'd like to be more advanced because of my fuel setup. I have similar issues closer to 2000 RPM. I can only assume this is likely the case for many scenarios, and not just cruising. This kind of renders the load timing feature unusable for me, and I'm a sad panda at this point. @Me78569, tear my post apart! What do you think?

I accidentally ran 23* today in a situation where lvl 0 wanted 18*. Saw an immediate drop in boost from around 12psi to around 8psi, with a noticable drop in both EGT's and canbus fuel. Not too bad of a rattle either. This leads me back to my previous assessment that my fuel setup is retarding final injection timing. So my timing numbers might be significantly higher than others with the same end result (peak combustion at 15* ATDC ideally)

• Owner
58 minutes ago, kzimmer said:

Pull up to the test stand with 150% canbus and some wiretap, leave a cloud. And then set it to level 1. Lol.

Be careful with that... I've got a good contact with Ada County smog testing in Boise ID that I've been talking too. There is one customer that did something similar. He came in with the tuner at 50% and ran the test and passed the test. Then he cranked up the tuner and smoked out the tech. The reported him and denied his future registration of his truck for being a :smart::moon: ...

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Be careful with that... I've got a good contact with Ada County smog testing in Boise ID that I've been talking too. There is one customer that did something similar. He came in with the tuner at 50% and ran the test and passed the test. Then he cranked up the tuner and smoked out the tech. The reported him and denied his future registration of his truck for being a :smart::moon: ...

I know I kid I kid. Hahaha that's hilarious though. I almost wish there were emissions tests where I live, just for the satisfaction of passing.

• Owner

In a way, I wish it was statewide (Idaho) for all the lame punk kids and their truck would have to clean their junk up and quit blowing large clouds of smoke. Down in Boise I run across Ford and Chevy constantly wanting to roll a big cloud on everyone. What's more, fun is whipping then from light to light and not making any smoke at all.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, stumblinhorse said:

They just signed in a bill making "rolling coal" a primary offense here in Colorado.   So we will see where we end up with any amount of smoke.  

"Welcome to Colorado, where we roll doobies, not coal".

Question about the canbus fuel level (0-4095). Assuming no wiretap, is this number an absolute value of how much fuel is being commanded? Are there any other factors at play that dictate volume of fuel injected besides the canbus fuel message?

For example, if I'm driving at 100 km/h in 3rd gear, overdrive turned off, my commanded canbus fuel level might be 700. Let it shift into overdrive, and canbus fuel might jump to 850. EGT's might increase 150-250 degrees F as well. Logic tells me I'm using more fuel. Downshift and get the RPM's up over 2000 instead of 1650. 

Any other factors I'm missing? Does RPM play a roll?

Thank you,

-Kole

Edited by kzimmer