• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Adrenaline V2 Testing

TFaoro

1 hour ago, Me78569 said:

FYI the cruise timing changes seem to be working beautifully :thumbup2:   

Just so everyone knows the changes ARE working perfectly as designed!

38 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Meh it was mostly to benefit myself, I got tired of having to borrow Tyler's smarty to pass emissions.

Then Tyler drove me like a slave driver and Mike did some complaining and here we are now

Hey all I wanted was to have HUGE injectors, get good mileage, and have it smoke like a stock truck :thumbup2: 

YOU did that and I greatly appreciate it. Not very often do you get to have your cake and eat it too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

What?! Complaining?

If the software didn't have timing like a p-pump. :poke:Must be that goofy guy that's doing all the coding. 

don't you know ppump is all the rage.  kinda like " I wanna be like mike" but " I wanna be ppump"  

:shifty: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jlbayes said:

You have small injectors, cry baby.

In VP land I don't. Any Injectors that'll easily outflow the pump are big. If someone runs 6x.024 injectors in a VP truck they're not smart. 

Remember mines not a cruise around/ race truck either. I also use it for towing and working! 

48 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Uh No... :spank:

Now to be %100 fair the design scope of crusie timing changed significantly once you learned you could do 75+ mph at 23 + mpg hahahahah

Cake and eat it too.  Regardless the tune I PM's you should give you cruise timing that works at 55 , 65,75, and 80 mph.  

22 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

In VP land I don't. Any Injectors that'll easily outflow the pump are big. If someone runs 6x.024 injectors in a VP truck they're not smart. 

Remember mines not a cruise around/ race truck either. I also use it for towing and working! 

If I had a vp truck still I would stick these big boy injectors in it just because. rofl

Edited by jlbayes

• Owner
1 hour ago, Me78569 said:

Now to be %100 fair the design scope of crusie timing changed significantly once you learned you could do 75+ mph at 23 + mpg hahahahah

Cake and eat it too.  Regardless the tune I PM's you should give you cruise timing that works at 55 , 65,75, and 80 mph.  

True... Lots has been added and improved over the last what 5 months of Beta Testing. I'm working towards making it more stable in the MPG department is still rather wobbly in numbers a bit more than I like. 

I had to give you a load of crap over your comment... :whistle:

• Like 1

• Owner

@Me78569 Thank you... Code is good. I see a good range of timing change now between cruise state and power mode. I took my test drive to Riggins, ID which is basically a mild 1% grade over all. Downhill it can ramp up quite a bit of timing at 65 MPH I seen as high as 22* then when I was coming home back up hill it kept the timing much lower 16-18* working its way back up canyon. I'll give it the long haul test tomorrow and tell you what the 362 mile run to Boise and back does. 

11 minutes ago, Carbur8tr said:

@Me78569 and @Mopar1973Man

Can you give me a break down of what parameters yall are running on your daily tunes currently?  Just curious to compare.

@TFaoro What mileage are you seeing these days?

I actually bought a car a week and a half ago, so I haven't filled the truck in a while. Before I got that though, my "city" driving back and forth to school was about 16mpg. That's hitting 6 stop lights in 1 mile with an average speed of 45mph. Straight highway driving nicely I'm seeing about 21-22. Now that the truck only moves when testing needs done I think it'll drop :lol: 

Maybe @Me78569 can give us a good graphical representation of the "Load Timing" so we all know exactly what it's doing. 

• Owner
9 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

What mileage are you seeing these days?

I'm seeing roughly 21-23 MPG with 362 mile round trip to Boise. This is mixed driving all the way around. Mostly highway at 65 MPH. Some interstate travel at 80 MPH and then mixed city travel ranging from 25-45 MPH in the cities/towns.

The best I can say is aim for the 19-20* timing on the highway and create a tune that is smokeless. The better your tune becomes the lower the EGT's will become so will engine load. Like I'm capable of running nearly 10-15 MPH faster at the same EGT's as my old Edge Comp tuner did. @Me78569 lastest update in software is really good from the quick test run I ran today. Way better control of timing on the highway now vs. engine load. It's getting rather stupid powerful for economy tune when I can light the tires up in 2nd, 3rd and bark 4th I'm having hard time calling that my economy tune. 

10 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

give us a good graphical representation of the "Load Timing" so we all know exactly what it's doing. 

Load Timing actually retards timing based on engine load. So low engine load will have the highest amount of retarding power. Then as engine load goes higher towards 100% then max timing is given. I'm running ZERO in this position. 

7 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

Can you give me a break down of what parameters yall are running on your daily tunes currently?

I would love to but right now I'm in a period of constant change and testing so what I've got right now might change again by tomorrow evening as I study the timing and MPG as I travel. Give me a few days I'll release my setting that is working.