• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Adrenaline V2 Testing

TFaoro

19 minutes ago, CSM said:

You just built that thing... I thought it was good to go?

I think the g56 can handle about 700 driven somewhat hard and probably 800 if driven nicely. The one in my truck has seen over 900 and has no issues. It all depends on how much torque is put through it! I'd like to get about 750hp since I don't drive things too hard. It'd be nice to turn it back down with AFC live to tow and DD though. 

31 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

:wtf:

Nick "floor it to see if it smokes!"

Me "Mmmmk"

Nick "Holy ship it's death wobbling!"

Me :lmao:

But really, I drive like a grandpa unless I'm testing, around my brother, it taking people for a ride. Fuel gets expensive

• Like 2

you forgot "impress the lady" I know chicks dig death wobble.

At least I think scream = chicks dig it

Another bug,

ugh hate my life sometimes.   

Thankfully dodge decided to just report -40* if coolant goes over 204*f so the quad thinks it is very cold out and turns off fueling.....   working on a fix now, otherwise turning lvl to 0 will start fueling again.    

temp bug fix is posted in the tune section

• Like 1

• Owner
1 hour ago, TFaoro said:

But really, I drive like a grandpa unless I'm testing, around my brother, it taking people for a ride. Fuel gets expensive

Only takes a few burst runs like that, showing off to totally kill my MPG for the tank. I do the same thing. I'm normally pretty mellow till I'm challenged, trying to show off the Quadzilla, etc.

• Like 1

Alright bug fix tune has been posted.  It resolves an issue that comes about if ECT goes above 204*.  Dodge was nice enough to wrap the temp around after 204* for some reason. 

It's in the download section.  I would suggest updating when you can. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Only takes a few burst runs like that, showing off to totally kill my MPG for the tank. I do the same thing. I'm normally pretty mellow till I'm challenged, trying to show off the Quadzilla, etc.

Hopefully I can retain some decent mileage in my truck. It seemed to like 21-22deg of timing for cruise, and that's what I plan to set the Ppump to. I'm sure it'll take some getting used to before my numbers come up where they're supposed to. 

I might have missed something when updating. My high idle use to kick off when warm-up temp was met. My warmup is set at 120 however my high idle isn't kicking off. Coolant is 167. I used the latest update that was posted. 

I'll check.

1 hour ago, JDHudsn said:

I might have missed something when updating. My high idle use to kick off when warm-up temp was met. My warmup is set at 120 however my high idle isn't kicking off. Coolant is 167. I used the latest update that was posted. 

Did the power bar change from green to red, but it still high idled?

1 hour ago, Me78569 said:

I'll check.

Did the power bar change from green to red, but it still high idled?

It was red because it was already past 120* (have the warmup set). Rpm went to 900 then jumped to 1200 at idle. I drove to the gym and let it sit. Now I restarted it and it didn't high idle (coolant was already 150*). Maybe it just did something funny right when it reconnected from the latest update? 

@JDHudsn  Well the bug finder award goes to you.  You actually dug up a bug from about a decade ago. Since the Quad was flash / unplugged from power it reverted back to lvl 0 as the last power level selected.  So when warmup disabled the quad stayed in lvl 0.

High idle is set to enable so long as lvl == 0.   I have no idea why old Quad did this, but effectively if you leave it on lvl 0 it will high idle until the end of time.  

Not my bug!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQ-4tbqJ-VBI7mRisOe-e

but i will fix it.

Edited by Me78569
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

@JDHudsn  Well the bug finder award goes to you.  You actually dug up a bug from about a decade ago. Since the Quad was flash / unplugged from power it reverted back to lvl 0 as the last power level selected.  So when warmup disabled the quad stayed in lvl 0.

High idle is set to enable so long as lvl == 0.   I have no idea why old Quad did this, but effectively if you leave it on lvl 0 it will high idle until the end of time.  

Not my bug!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQ-4tbqJ-VBI7mRisOe-e

but i will fix it.

I was definitely sweating bullets thinking I did something wrong when I flashed it haha. :pray:

Upon thinking through it, I am actually going to leave this the way it is.  It would be nice for guys to be able to turn it back to lvl 0 to get high idle regardless like we go with the mopar1973man high idle switch.  Prolonged 6 cyl mode is useful.

If you leave the tuner on lvl 2+ when you shutdown the high idle will only operate until warmup is reached, but if you turn the truck to lvl 0 it will high idle for you.  

9 minutes ago, trreed said:

So lvl 0 + warmup mode = high idle?  Neat.  Learned something new tonight

It is if you enable high idle, 

Settings > high idle delay in seconds and switch to on.

@JDHudsn  haha I wouldnt worry about messing it up due to a flash, I bet I have flashed mine nearly 500 times now :lmao:

Edited by Me78569

30 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

haha I wouldnt worry about messing it up due to a flash, I bet I have flashed mine nearly 500 times now :lmao:

Oh that's definitely reassuring haha. I wasn't sure if my truck was getting ready for takeoff or not:burnout:

Learned something new about how the high idle works. Now that you educated me having that option is nice??! 

Edited by JDHudsn

Well, another VP44 has received a kiss from Death today.... The P1691 code showed up, went away, and thankfully hasn't returned as of yet...

Coincidence that this happened a mere 8 days after @TFaoro's pump died? I think not!  Moral of the story: If you are around with Tyler's truck breaks, run! Otherwise the bad juju will make it through a tow strap and into your own truck... 

Now to wait for the inevitable death of my pump :(