• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Goodbye Edge Comp, Hello Quadzilla Adrenaline

Mopar1973Man

8 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Just got done doing a new tune and need to clean up the launch fueling down low just a bit smoky launch of from coasting to WOT. So @Me78569 is building another tune to clean it up a bit. Then we'll build the wire tap profile next. 

Remember not to pull too much fuel down low. When I was doing the same thing I pulled so much fuel the truck became sluggish. I then remembered I'm likely never going to go from 0% throttle to 100%. So I started tuning for how exactly I wanted to use the accelerator. If you want to go from 0% to 30 or even 35%, tune it so that is smoke free for you. Your normal tune should have some smoke from when you go from 0 to 100% but not excessive.  Hopefully that makes sense?

• Owner

As for feedback yes I'm using the OBDLink information and what it spits out as a guide of how the tune is going. At least gives me a point of reference of butt dyno and the OBDLink feel together. So I'm not out there for the "precise" HP/TQ numbers but I am out to tune for the cleanest power I can produce. 

7 minutes ago, Silverdodge said:

Wish I had the coin to buy one right now not impressed with edge jwa at all 

One of my customers I do truck work for has a Edge Juice tuner I'm not impressed with it either my truck is still faster than his no problem. Most of it has to do with the limits and alarms affecting the tunes. Still in all the Edge Juice / Comp have the same defueling sublevels. My problem was I could never get than clean tune with Edge because there is only 3 sublevels of defueling modes and too wide of gap between levels. 

Like tonight learning how the CANBus message and WireTap Messages work together. So I'm working with @Me78569 to clean up the CANBus side then play more with the wiretap side. Amazing to see the truck go from blowing a small cloud of smoke to nearly nothing but still good power. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

1 minute ago, Me78569 said:

I know Mike needs a starting point betwen 89-90 or 93 now.

:wow:  wow. Injector sizes make a huge difference!

2 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

I am more of the opinion that I want that full range of throttle input haha.  

Exactly why I liked level 2. Stopped fueling at 15psi which was way more than enough power for cruising and accelerating. 

2 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

And altitude.  I will have to do some videos when I am up there to show the difference it makes.

Wouldn't it be nice if these trucks had an ambient pressure gauge that you could tap into? You could make the truck defuel 5% or so per 1psi difference. Basically automatically compensating for altitude.

Hmmm the ideas. -__- Wish I had mine to keep testing with. 

• Owner
Just now, Me78569 said:

And altitude.

Like where I live and travel I can range from 800 above sea level to just about 9,000 feet. Most of it in the range of 1,500 to 5,500 feet elevation mostly. I think just getting a clean tune that is nearly smoke free will give me the best chance of gaining more MPG's. 

@TFaoro So what was your starting point with the 300HP injectors?

Just now, Wild and Free said:

Absolutely not! If your going for a goal go for a good one otherwise just buy a dam car.

So what about those people who don't have the money to go out and buy a car whenever they want? 

What about the people who need to have a truck with them all the time to haul things in the bed?

What about the people who can't afford the maintenance, insurance, and registration for another vehicle?

Getting 20mpg moving 14K pounds around isn't likely.... maybe a realistic goal would be a good idea though.

Either way, if you can save $$$ at the pump I don't think it's a bad thing. BTW the quad will likely improve towing mileage as well. 

• Owner
10 minutes ago, Wild and Free said:

Absolutely not! If your going for a goal go for a good one otherwise just buy a dam car.

5 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

So what about those people who don't have the money to go out and buy a car whenever they want? 

What about the people who need to have a truck with them all the time to haul things in the bed?

That's me in a nutshell. Car won't work for me that why we got rid of our cars years ago. I've never seen a car trunk the size of long box pickup. Most of my shopping trips to the big city I can fill the bed of the truck most of the way.  

36 minutes ago, Wild and Free said:

As high as you can without it surging should give you the best mileage. With studs there's no need to worry about the head. 

Mine's gone -__-

Used to run it at 14, then dropped to 10, then I think Nick had it set around 8 for all the testing I did. 

Low timing helps spool the turbo. 
High timing with boost helps give fuel time to atomize and time to get in before combustion occurs. 

Edited by TFaoro