• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

HX35/40 Turbo rebuild kits

Tyler how were you able to tell it was genuine Holset? Just curious because the reviews don't exactly make it seem like a sure thing....not doubting you, just curious and also wondering if the seller is not always selling the same thing. I have a HX35 rebuild kit from DAP for about $100. Idk if it is even genuine Holset though, just figured if DAP was selling it, it must be ok lol. Anyway that would definitely be a good price if the one you linked is genuine. 

Mike you should make a turbo rebuild article while your at it :poke:

Edited by leathermaneod
  • Like 1

Mike, I think you will like that turbo if you get it put on. 

I have the HX35/40 hybrid (with a larger cm2 exhaust housing) on my gen 2 and with the RV275's and Quad ZXT it really adds pulling power on the low end as well as the higher rpms.  Very noticeable above the HX35 capability.

You probably have seen my older posts but with my auto and positrac rear end I can spin both rear tires from a non boosted launch when I mash the go pedal.

I could never do that with the HX35 and RV275's with Quad ZXT.

Mike, I think you will like that turbo if you get it put on. 

I have the HX35/40 hybrid (with a larger cm2 exhaust housing) on my gen 2 and with the RV275's and Quad ZXT it really adds pulling power on the low end as well as the higher rpms.  Very noticeable above the HX35 capability.

You probably have seen my older posts but with my auto and positrac rear end I can spin both rear tires from a non boosted launch when I mash the go pedal.

I could never do that with the HX35 and RV275's with Quad ZXT.

• Owner

That's good to hear. I just found out running the Quadzilla Adrenaline on level 6 towing the trailer I was very capable from light to light to spin the rear tires out from under the truck. Not just a fluke thing... It happened more than once.  Then I had to turn down to Level 4 to stop that from happening. 

12 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

That's good to hear. I just found out running the Quadzilla Adrenaline on level 6 towing the trailer I was very capable from light to light to spin the rear tires out from under the truck. Not just a fluke thing... It happened more than once.  Then I had to turn down to Level 4 to stop that from happening. 

You could take your foot out of it :whistle:

I'm sorry for giving bad info guys.... my buddy ended up not getting that kit.... I just asked him. He was going to then got a different one instead :(  SORRY!!!!!!!

This is the one he got.

http://dieselautopower.com/holset-genuine-hx35-rebuild-kit-3575169/

Gah I feel like an idiot.

43 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Mike...  wasn't it  only 24 hours ago,  that your told me about some  transmission woes?  ;) 

• Like 1

• Owner
28 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

You could take your foot out of it :whistle:

That sound really easy... After so many years of riving with thee Edge Comp and how it powers up. Then flip over to Quadzilla and still been learning to control the power and how it reacts with the throttle. This was my first trailer pull on the Quadzilla very different is all I can say right now.

• Owner
3 minutes ago, rancherman said:

Mike...  wasn't it  only 24 hours ago,  that your told me about some  transmission woes?  ;) 

I'm not use to the way Quadzilla creates power. I was so used to the Edge Comp where I could run 5x3 and not have a problem typically could hold traction as long as I didn't mat the skinny pedal. Now with the Quadzilla it not even 50% throttle the truck arcs up and the rear tires just spin loose. The first time I thought fluke. Second time I was like really? Third time is like enough of that. Thing is level 3 launches really weak. Level 4 is pretty darn good bit laggy though from what I used to. Level 6 better hang on it going some where.

1 minute ago, dripley said:

seems to be a lot of double post going around these days. You sure that new skin does not have the hiccups?!!!

I knoww what I got to switch I do it right now...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I'm not use to the way Quadzilla creates power. I was so used to the Edge Comp where I could run 5x3 and not have a problem typically could hold traction as long as I didn't mat the skinny pedal. Now with the Quadzilla it not even 50% throttle the truck arcs up and the rear tires just spin loose. The first time I thought fluke. Second time I was like really? Third time is like enough of that. Thing is level 3 launches really weak. Level 4 is pretty darn good bit laggy though from what I used to. Level 6 better hang on it going some where.

Hmmm.... can Nick bump the 0-3psi boost a bit? I'd try to tow using lvl 3 if you can. It has the most control. 

And yes, slightly larger tires will definitely help keep the traction. Easy to spin pizza cutters ;) 

Im late to  this party..  but  for   launching a  'load'..   sounds like lvl. 3  might be  actually  where  you want!   'holding'  speed  running through the hills  is  where I'm  interested.

BTW,   our 2000   with the HO pump  is   pulling  so much better,  rarely  needs  4th gear  with our  hills and loads.   the  last replacement pump  barely was able to  get OUT OF 4TH!!

I'D be  scared to let my son see this thread;   he has  burned off those dual tires pretty  quick this summer!!  ;)

Edited by rancherman

• Owner
28 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

I'd try to tow using lvl 3 if you can. It has the most control. 

20 minutes ago, rancherman said:

sounds like lvl. 3  might be  actually  where  you want!   'holding'  speed  running through the hills  is  where I'm  interested.

Can't hold speed at all on grades very well with level 3. Feels like I keep the pedal matted way too much to just hold 55 MPH which is still 10 under the speed limit.

Lvl 4 has just enough power to hold the grades with cruise set for 60 MPH.

Remember this is not the factory tune from Quadzilla this is a Custom tune by @Me78569 so there is bug and issues yet to iron out. Then myself getting use to the changes and the way the truck drive drives now.

Mike just doesn't read is PM's haha

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Custom Tuning Defaults 50 hp injectors 
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
#define DEF_POWER_LEVEL_MAX 7         // including level 0

#define DEF_TIMING_ADV_MAX  80   //Timing advancement max
#define DEF_TIMING_SCALE   100   // Timing scaling.

#define DEF_BOOST_MAX       38  // top of fuel map

//#define DEF_CAN_TPS_MAXMAP_POINT     100     // can be 1 - 100
//#define DEF_CAN_TPS_MAPSCALE_MIN     0      // can be 0 - 100

#define DEF_BOOST_SCALE_MIN_PUMP 0  //** can be a % from 0-100% to give that % of wiretap before the limit below IE: %50 would give you %50 of normal wiretap until scale_psi_pump is reached
#define DEF_BOOST_SCALE_PSI_PUMP 12  //** Set this to a PSI where wiretap fueling starts fueling fully.
#define DEF_RPM_MAX               3500  // rpm

#define DEF_POWER_REDUCTION_SCALE     65  //** can be a % from 0-100 0 for no reduction 100 for %100 reduction

#define DEF_PUMP_TPS_MAXMAP_POINT    100    // can be 1 - 100 TPS max point for fuel
#define DEF_PUMP_TPS_MAPSCALE_MIN    20    // can be 0 - 100 tps min point for fuel
#define DEF_FUEL_TIME_MAX   1600   // fuel stretch

#define DEF_POWER_SCALE0 93  // 0 psi canbus scale
#define DEF_POWER_SCALE1 93  // 1 psi
#define DEF_POWER_SCALE2 94  // 2 psi
#define DEF_POWER_SCALE3 95  // 3 psi
#define DEF_POWER_SCALE4 96  // 4 psi
#define DEF_POWER_SCALE5 97
#define DEF_POWER_SCALE6 98
#define DEF_POWER_SCALE7 100
#define DEF_POWER_SCALE8 104
#define DEF_POWER_SCALE9 108
#define DEF_POWER_SCALE10 112
#define DEF_POWER_SCALE11 116
#define DEF_POWER_SCALE12 117
#define DEF_POWER_SCALE13 118
#define DEF_POWER_SCALE14 119
#define DEF_POWER_SCALE15 120 //15 psi
#define DEF_POWER_SCALE16 122 // 16 psi
#define DEF_POWER_SCALE17 124 // 18 psi
#define DEF_POWER_SCALE18 125 // 20 psi
#define DEF_POWER_SCALE19 125 // 22 psi
#define DEF_POWER_SCALE20 125 // 24 psi
#define DEF_POWER_SCALE21 125 // 26 psi
#define DEF_POWER_SCALE22 125 // 28 psi
#define DEF_POWER_SCALE23 125 // 30+ psi canbus scale

That's the tune for the one I am trying to get him to run now.