• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla V2 Custom Tunes

Me78569

9 minutes ago, kzimmer said:

It's not on the gauge screen, but if you just click the custom tune menu, the current loaded tune is check-marked.

Yup..Ik.. That's why I mentioned it would be awesome if it were on the gauge screen so you can see it while driving down the road through traffic without trying to navigate through a finicky app just to verify you're on the tune you want to be on

7 minutes ago, Dodgeih said:

Yup..Ik.. That's why I mentioned it would be awesome if it were on the gauge screen so you can see it while driving down the road through traffic without trying to navigate through a finicky app just to verify you're on the tune you want to be on

I guess I forgot that not everyone has an Android head unit, haha.

On 8/31/2017 at 6:08 PM, Dodgeih said:

TOW. havent really used much but will be tomorrow anything that sticks out lmk

TUNE PARAMETERS

Number of Power levels: 6

RPM Limit:3400

VALET MODE PARAMETERS

Maximum Valet Mode Power:80 

PUMP TAP PARAMETERS

Maximum Fuel Stretch:1200

TPS Pump Maximum: 100

TPS Pump Minimum:25

Minimum Pump Tap Fueling Percentage:0

Pump Low Boost Scale PSI20

Boost Scaling:40

TIMING PARAMETERS

Fuel Load Timing:2

Low PSI Timing Reduct:3

Timing Reduct Scaling:100

Light Throttle Timing Adv:2

Light Throttle Timing Load Limit:25 

RPM TIMING MAX

1500 RPM:15

2000 RPM:17

2500 RPM:22

3000 RPM:24.5

Max:26

BOOST LEVEL FUELING - CAN BUS

0 PSI:79

1 PSI:80

2 PSI:81

3 PSI:82

4 PSI:83

5 PSI:84

6 PSI:85

7 PSI:86

8 PSI:87

9 PSI:88

10 PSI:89

11 PSI:90

12 PSI:91

13 PSI:92

14 PSI:93

15 PSI:94

16 PSI:96

18 PSI:99

20 PSI:102

22 PSI:102

24 PSI:104

26 PSI:106

28 PSI:108

30 PSI:110

Well I pulled the camper for about 2hrs. Not overly heavy but still a decent load. She was pretty Smokey, but had plenty of power. I ended up having to pull in 4th at 60-65mph. 5 was just a solid haze of smoke and to high of load. Would be nice to get rid of some smoke but still be able to pass ppl and accelerate without causing a traffic jam. Any suggestions?  

• Owner

I would have to say to try kicking the Light Throttle timing up to 30-35% see if the extra timing helps burn that fuel more. Maybe kick the Timing reduct Scaling downwards to 50-75% to keep it from pulling timing away. With those big injectors, you are going to need the timing to burn the fuel completely. 6x0.013 is some big injectors so the atomization is going be bigger droplets requiring more timing to light it off.

The only thing I can think of is in 5th your RPM's are too low and timing is dropping. When you drop to 4th you are getting the timing rise and drive pressure and building a bit more boost getting the cylinder pressures up to ignite the fuel better. To get the smoke cleared up I would start to inch up the timing a bit by keeping the cruise timing more or cut the timing reduct amount. 

Just got to be careful with timing while towing the cylinder pressure will rise more.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Thanks 1

On 8/29/2017 at 9:30 PM, Me78569 said:

if you are getting popping you should dial back the timing.  I have no idea when the last time you flashed was, but some code improvements have been made to make things smoother.  

Flash the latest, update your app and select the 1998-2002 v2.5 profile and report back.  

Been busy,but finally flashed my Quad and updated the app.  Put it back on the dyno today.  No more popping, and even added a .5 deg timing.  Heres the results.  Previous numbers with the s366/cast wheel were 551hp 1055ftlbs.  Not too shabby!

20170906_113553.jpg

48 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Wow thats a significant improvement.  Do you have a datalog of the runs?

Yea i was suprised.  And i was checking the logs on the quad.  But dont really know how to put them in a graph or whatever i need to do.  I cleared the logs after each run, so i dunno if it will have all of them or not.

Humm too bad I would have loved to see data logs for both dyno runs to see where the difference was.  

My truck seems to like a lot of timing up top.  My tunes have gone from 

timing

2500: 24

3000: 25

max: 26

to

2500: 25

3000: 28

max: 30

• 2 weeks later...