• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla V2 Custom Tunes

Me78569

Yeah definitely not going to work for you in Libre office.  Needs to be converted first if that's possible.

Are you importing a tune first?  Looks like from the tabs below that you haven't used the import function built in from launch which is more than likely part of the problem.  Just click no on the donate box and it will take you to the next one that tells you what to do next.  Do not break the code otherwise it will fail somewhere.  The import is vital.

On 9/25/2017 at 8:46 AM, Quadzilla Power said:

Well, Its been a while since I checked this. We got TJs box in and did work with him even without knowing he posted this in the forum, so there is that. 

Honestly, we don't know what happened to his box. It is definitely weird and not a normal failure mode thing. 

Love all the help with the tunes by the way. You guys are great!

Thanks again guys!

Just hooked it up this morning and im surei hooked it all up right.

The issue im having at the moment is it is reading 28psi boost at idle.  Ive ran into this issue before, MAP sensor being the cause.  But it worked fine when i pulled it all off to send to you.  Maybe i can clean the sensor?

25 minutes ago, Carbur8tr said:

Yeah definitely not going to work for you in Libre office.  Needs to be converted first if that's possible.

Are you importing a tune first?  Looks like from the tabs below that you haven't used the import function built in from launch which is more than likely part of the problem.  Just click no on the donate box and it will take you to the next one that tells you what to do next.  Do not break the code otherwise it will fail somewhere.  The import is vital.

I'm not using Libre, just Excel. Just popped open Libre to see if it would give the same error.

Yes, I'm importing the tune as the popup requests. Tried my tune and blank tune. Same deal. What version of Excel is it created on? If it's not 2010 or 2013 I can try a different version.

Edited by kzimmer

Negative, no other buttons work. Definitely strange. Is it possibly I need a specific version of visual basic? Have you tried it on any other PC's that might not have specific files that are linked to yours? Am I the only one with multiple crappy computers? lol

46 minutes ago, TJ_00Cummins said:

Thanks again guys!

Just hooked it up this morning and im surei hooked it all up right.

The issue im having at the moment is it is reading 28psi boost at idle.  Ive ran into this issue before, MAP sensor being the cause.  But it worked fine when i pulled it all off to send to you.  Maybe i can clean the sensor?

Cleaning the sensor won't do anything.  I would probe the signal wire coming off the map sensor for voltage and see what it reads.  it should be near 4v engine off key on.  28 psi would be in the 2v region

2 hours ago, kzimmer said:

Negative, no other buttons work. Definitely strange. Is it possibly I need a specific version of visual basic? Have you tried it on any other PC's that might not have specific files that are linked to yours? Am I the only one with multiple crappy computers? lol

I've tried it on a few with a few different versions and never had this issue.  Stupid question, but have you updated your computer recently and what OS are you running?  I read somewhere that there was an update that was causing this a while back.

Are you hitting the Pause/Break button at any point in the process of getting to this point?

2 hours ago, Me78569 said:

Cleaning the sensor won't do anything.  I would probe the signal wire coming off the map sensor for voltage and see what it reads.  it should be near 4v engine off key on.  28 psi would be in the 2v region

Yea i ended up replacing the map sensor.  Guage reads normal.

Having issues with it tho.  Ive got the 3 pin data link plugged in, the factory map sensor pluggedinto the female quadzilla plug, and the male quadzilla plug plugged into my map sensor.  I can see the hole that the wire tap is making in the correct wire on the VP....everything works on the display.  But its like the quadzilla isnt even on.   

If everything on the display works, i shouldnt have a bad ground or hot connection on the battery correct??

Any help would be appreciated.  

4 hours ago, Carbur8tr said:

I've tried it on a few with a few different versions and never had this issue.  Stupid question, but have you updated your computer recently and what OS are you running?  I read somewhere that there was an update that was causing this a while back.

Are you hitting the Pause/Break button at any point in the process of getting to this point?

Both computers are windows 7 x64. One has office 2013 32 bit (work computer), one has office 2010 64 bit (home computer). Work computer gets regular updates regulated through corporate IT. Home computer gets relatively ignored but possibly it's getting auto updates.

Definitely no pause/break being pressed.

The wiretap map using boost as one axis.  The axis is 0-40psi.  Boost scaling will change that to be 0-35 or 0-20.  Boost scaling will compress the map between 0 and y9ur boost scaling psi.  I dont really see a need to adjust it from 40 psi unless you need to throw a ton of fuel at the truck.

7 hours ago, Me78569 said:

The wiretap map using boost as one axis.  The axis is 0-40psi.  Boost scaling will change that to be 0-35 or 0-20.  Boost scaling will compress the map between 0 and y9ur boost scaling psi.  I dont really see a need to adjust it from 40 psi unless you need to throw a ton of fuel at the truck.

So in other words, if my trucks max achievable boost is 35 psi and I leave it at 40 psi scale, I'll still get full wire tap at 35psi actual boost ?

7 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

So in other words, if my trucks max achievable boost is 35 psi and I leave it at 40 psi scale, I'll still get full wire tap at 35psi actual boost ?

No. You will only get a percentage of the full fueling. It will be almost full fueling, but not quite. If your max boost is at 35psi, then dropping the boost scale to match is a pretty good idea. It may even bump up your max boost a little. It will compress the scale down a little bit and some report that it feels like a more sensitive throttle response. 

And I just stepped on ME's toes because he said the exact opposite. 

Do I have this wrong Quadzilla's Skunkworks engineer? 

• Like 1