• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Weight of empty fuel tank?

I took mine off twice once with about 2 or 3 gallons in it and once with 6 or 7 gallons in it. Neither time was difficult. I did stack some cribbing under it for it to rest on after unstrapping and removed it piece by piece to let it down. Never actually had to pick the whole tank up at once until I got out from under the truck. This was during my AD install, now all I would have to do is pump the fuel with the AD to make easier.  

Picking up one end of the tank at a time sent the wight to the end I was not trying to hold up. The only time I had to lift the full weight was after the tank was out from under the truck.

I would have to go with Mike on the empty weight of the tank. Never had mine out empty but was not difficult with some fuel in it,