• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

shake between 25 and 35 mph

A new issue has come up.  

I have a very noticeable shake between 25 and 35 mph.  it is VERY similar to a tire being out of balance, but I have never had a tire do that at such low speeds. 

Doesn't matter if you are increasing or decreasing speed, doesn't matter if you are on the brakes or on the throttle moderately.  WOT you don't feel it but that might be because the truck is rough anyways.  

Does matter what gear or rev, just that mph is between 25 and 35 mph,         it clears up pretty much as soon as you hit 36 mph.  

Tires?  

No pulling when I brake and the calipers are both new within the last 2 years....not saying much but ya.

Parking brake doesn't work haha.

Noted both of those things to check though.

Tonight the truck is going on jack stands and I am going to start tearing into my ball joints, who knows if they are bad, and also do a good shake down.  Seems that if I don't do that every ~6 months my truck tries to kill me. 

Edited by Me78569

Drive shaft maybe. Had an old 68 Falcon that did that and nobody could figure it out until the drive shaft fell out. Lost the front yoke or u joint not sure which now. That was back in 1969, my first car.

Edited by dripley
  • Like 2

Carrier is brand new, I need to double check but I can't think it is already trashed.  

u joint in the front shaft is loose.

I went outside and I have one,  I am going to pull the front shaft and see if the issue goes away.

Edit:

FML, since my truck has a 1994 dana 60 up front I have to put on my sherlock holmes hat and figure out what parts I need.

bang_head_here.gif

I have pretty well decided to do my shaft except for the carrier bearing. I have a press to do the joints, just dont want to use the BFH on the carrier. And I need to rebalance it any way. Mine all seems tight but I have small vibration at 70 mph that I cant make go away. Plus at 390k I have my money out of the oe stuff. 

I might have to be digging into mine again in the near future. I am going to look into some new old stock on them. Found my ujoints that way. I used the parts look up tool for the part #'s. I appreciate the effort you put into that. Alot of my OE parts lasted a long time and I am wanting to duplicate that. I really only want to tackle this one more time.

• Like 1