• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

What are the best LED headlight bulbs and housing options?

What do you recommend for LED's and headlight housings? Is there a light/housing combo that you would recommend? I need something that is very bright both short distance and long distance as I do a lot of traveling during the night hours.. Also, they need to perform great during snowy and rainy conditions. Links to products would be preferred. 

And no, I'm not a fan of light bars. Let's hear those setups/recommendations! 

(Please include any necessary wiring harnesses for setups) 

Unless you are going to retrofit OEM LED setup don't bother.  Internet LED PnP lights are %100 garbage.

Retrofit good projectors with good zexons and call it a day.  Output smokes PnP LED bulbs and you get the perk of a nice wide output through a projector. 

Mount them in sport housings and keep the haolgen highs as they do a good job of throwing light.  

• Like 2

X2 .... from above

LED headlights do not perform well in snow, I have used them on a snowplow truck and they just do not build the heat to melt snow off of the lights

there was a link posted on another thread here a dew days ago for a good deal on sport headlight conversion set,  If I saved all the money I spent on aftermarket lens and bulbs I could have had a set by now.

Edited by 01cummins4ever

I have some of the opt7 led's in my 2012 and although the headlights are above and beyond any stock second gen lights, they still needed a little help. These led's are very bright at I think 65 watts. No snow down here in Fl but been in plenty of rain and they do great. Here are a few before and after pics.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

4 hours ago, Silverdodge said:

I have super bright LED bulbs in stock housings and love them 

On 12/16/2016 at 2:34 PM, 98whitelightnin said:

Please give us some cutloff shots to show us that they aren't all over the place.   

Edited by Me78569

The company I work for has freightliners with factory led headlights. They use a reflector and are good light but don't put out any heat, or very little. One of the drivers had some slush splashed up while passing a car at night and suddenly couldn't see. It was beginning to freeze so had to stop and clean them off. Much less of a problem with incandescent lights 

• Like 2

because i enjoy offroading and know that in certain situations the more light the better so i did this...

3 kc daylighters with 55w hid up top

two 32" led bars up front

i have inexpensive projector hids for headlights, they are meh ok...

100w fogs below.

rear lights on the headache rack

i do want to invest in higher quality projector lights though. the high beams on the projectors i have now are utter crap (halogen h3 bulb with small gauge wire) so i never use highs lol

IMG_1689.JPG

IMG_1754.JPG

IMG_1781.JPG

Edited by CUMMINSDIESELPWR
  • Like 1