What are the best LED headlight bulbs and housing options?

What do you recommend for LED's and headlight housings? Is there a light/housing combo that you would recommend? I need something that is very bright both short distance and long distance as I do a lot of traveling during the night hours.. Also, they need to perform great during snowy and rainy conditions. Links to products would be preferred. 

And no, I'm not a fan of light bars. Let's hear those setups/recommendations! 

(Please include any necessary wiring harnesses for setups) 

• Administrator

Unless you are going to retrofit OEM LED setup don't bother.  Internet LED PnP lights are %100 garbage.

Retrofit good projectors with good zexons and call it a day.  Output smokes PnP LED bulbs and you get the perk of a nice wide output through a projector. 

Mount them in sport housings and keep the haolgen highs as they do a good job of throwing light.  

• Like 2

X2 .... from above

LED headlights do not perform well in snow, I have used them on a snowplow truck and they just do not build the heat to melt snow off of the lights

there was a link posted on another thread here a dew days ago for a good deal on sport headlight conversion set,  If I saved all the money I spent on aftermarket lens and bulbs I could have had a set by now.

Edited by 01cummins4ever

I have some of the opt7 led's in my 2012 and although the headlights are above and beyond any stock second gen lights, they still needed a little help. These led's are very bright at I think 65 watts. No snow down here in Fl but been in plenty of rain and they do great. Here are a few before and after pics.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Silverdodge said:

I have super bright LED bulbs in stock housings and love them 

On 12/16/2016 at 2:34 PM, 98whitelightnin said:

Please give us some cutloff shots to show us that they aren't all over the place.   

Edited by Me78569

The company I work for has freightliners with factory led headlights. They use a reflector and are good light but don't put out any heat, or very little. One of the drivers had some slush splashed up while passing a car at night and suddenly couldn't see. It was beginning to freeze so had to stop and clean them off. Much less of a problem with incandescent lights 

• Like 2

because i enjoy offroading and know that in certain situations the more light the better so i did this...

3 kc daylighters with 55w hid up top

two 32" led bars up front

i have inexpensive projector hids for headlights, they are meh ok...

100w fogs below.

rear lights on the headache rack

i do want to invest in higher quality projector lights though. the high beams on the projectors i have now are utter crap (halogen h3 bulb with small gauge wire) so i never use highs lol

IMG_1689.JPG

IMG_1754.JPG

IMG_1781.JPG

Edited by CUMMINSDIESELPWR
  • Like 1