• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

If you could go back in time when your truck only had 63K miles

13 hours ago, Me78569 said:

I am sure they stretch some, but the compression of the gasket is what I noticed after a week.  

as for the articles, heres the gold

https://mopar1973man.com/cummins/articles.html/24-valve-2nd-generation_50/

Thank you very much!!

@Me78569are you saying your existing gasket compressed that much after you upgraded the studs?

@jlbayes how many lbs do you have yours torqued down to?

All right guys I got an update, I got the new ARP head studs installed!! That took a couple hours in the 90 degree heat!!!

I also installed the injectors with everything torqued down to spec. Also adjusted the valve lash while I was in there. Then I went to fire up the truck the truck started after being bled however it had a horrible miss. I loosened all the lines and every line but three affected the idle so I realized cylinder three was the cylinder that had a miss. I then took everything back apart and switched injectors with cylinder three with the cylinder one injector everything looked good reassembled it and now I have a miss in cylinder one, I believe I may have been shipped a faulty injector......

What do you guys think?

This is beyond frustrating I now am becoming a pro and when I get a new injector I will get to do it yet again. Hopefully third time is the charm?

I took a video here is a link. 

https://youtu.be/Ow5asK0Ijjw