• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

ECM failure or wiring issue?

Ill have to bring the test light home tomorrow and check for draw again. Did this a while back and found a large draw from the shorted out seat belt in the drivers seat. However this truck is like the base model, no power windows, no power locks, no power seats(seat belt has power), ive pulled the dome light, both door sensors, and the glove box light. Will check in the morning to see if batterys are dead or not.

2 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

:kick: I was thinking airbag won't go off unless it knows you're wearing a seatbelt, but I think we're both right. 

Mine was stuck on for a long time. Put the new.to me seats in and it went off. I believe the air bags will go off no matter what unless you turn off the passanger side switch then it want go off. 

• Staff

I know you will find the problem. Start pulling one fuse at a time and see which one stops the draw. 

I'm a bit slow on electrical but w/ a good volt meter there is a way to set it up to see the amount of electrical load or draw on the batteries. I think the meter has to be able to read amps draw or load and is hooked up between the positive battery post and the removed battery clamp.

Hoping someone will chime in here, but with a proper set up Volt Meter you will be able to pull fuses and/ or relays one at a time and find it readily.

• Owner
4 minutes ago, GSP7 said:

seat belt light is the only light that is on on my dash

Stupid computer BS  :smart:

Easy fix either wear your seat belt or jump the little plug on the driver side. Light off. No computer involved unless the you have the version with the center seat module for locking the seat belt in the seat. Even then that module only control the locks of the belts not the light. 

• Owner
7 minutes ago, dripley said:

What controls the light then?

Driver seat belt. That all. There is 2 wires that run up into the seat belt latch to detect when the selt belt has been inserted to the latch. Then the switch turns off the lgiht. Nothing more. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

5 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Driver seat belt. That all. There is 2 wires that run up into the seat belt latch to detect when the selt belt has been inserted to the latch. Then the switch turns off the lgiht. Nothing more. 

That's what I thought. Missunderstood what you said previously.

Yes I have the center seat module for locking the seat belt in the seat.

I have seat belt lock module plug in connector wired with a bypass so the belts dont lock

Do you hav a trick to get the dash light to stay off? 

2 seat belt latch wires on the drivers side only somewhere? Where exactly ? inside the seat? colors?

And yes I wear the seat belt so cops wont pull me over.

Edited by GSP7

I just checked my Drivers seat latch next to the center seat counsel and there are no wires to the latch at all on my '99.

Just a bare latch , No Wires or harness or inside switch at all

Maybe the '99 is different far as the wires in the latch. I read up on it and I know dodge deleted the stupid design belt lock module under the center seat, and stupid belt lock solenoids in 2000 IIRC

Edited by GSP7