• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Suspension

Be aware that the blocks and plates set the angle of the rear axle.  The angle of the dangle needs to be the same at each end for the U joint to work properly or you will have vibration.  If the machine shop makes them square, you might have to do some shimming. 

You can check it with a level & protractor or a smartphone and the TREMEC company's app.  Google Tremec toolbox app. 

3 hours ago, 01cummins6 said:

I have a 2001 dodge ram 3500 2wd. What's the best way to lower the rear?

Let the air out of the rear tires. :cool:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CSM said:

Brakes squeaking?  Apply grease! 

I am full of awesome tech tips! 

Tried that on the 5th wheel. The brakes did not squeak bid but my arse made bit of grinding noise. Thanks for the tip.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CSM said:

Levity!  Just having some fun.

Just having fun too. I did happen though. Blew grease thru the seal on 2 of the wheels and it got on the shoes. That was an adventuresome trip with brakes greased.

3 hours ago, 01cummins6 said:

Where can you get new u bolts

http://www.zenithspring.com/index.html

This is where I get U bolts from, they will make any custom size you want. You'll need to measure the width of your leaf spring, length and diameter of the U bolt. I'm assuming you have a 9/16" diameter bolt but the easiest way to check is see what size wrench fits over the threaded portion of the bolt.