• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

trreed's upgrade thread

• Owner
13 minutes ago, trreed said:

Sounds like you need some wider tires Mike! :evilgrin:

:umno:

I just added a full 1° degree across my spectrum. Cruise timing for my rig is optimal at about 21°. I've tried backing down to 18° for cruise timing and dropped to 18 MPG. I know this is the wrong direction. What I've done is got away from the +3° spread between bands and went to +4° spread between bands and start out at 14° ado plus 4° up. I know my max is 27° after that I get bucking. The +4° spread works out awesome giving me a nice retard on the low end of the RPM's and then pulling up the power rather quickly so quick the tires get overwhelmed. This is good now I'm going to build around this. This means I've got a breakaway point for torque and can eat a differential kind of like someone I know. :whistle:

Now it time to go hunt for big tire 4th gens... Time to whip on the pup's.. :burnout:

Edited by Mopar1973Man

I have a couple road trips ahead of me to mess with timing and fuel curves. Biggest issue I’m facing is wind on the flatlands and temperatures. 

Are you sure you don’t want to redo your differential? It’s great fun. 

Man, I have a friend who follows the Sloppy Mechanics Facebook page and tells me one-off ideas. Like an anti-lag device between shifts using air. Didn’t expect to find that stuff here!

And I'm worried that I’m just sloppy enough to try some of these. 

• Haha 2

Yeah but then my IAT will be below 80*! Come on Mike! :rolleyes:

I have a 2000* egt gauge. I’ve had it up to 1800* before. Held that for almost 45 seconds. Probably won’t do that again. 

Edited by trreed
  • Haha 1

Longest I’ve gone is 1500* for 4 minutes. Blew an intercooler boot going up a mountain and couldn’t pull over. 45 miles an hour in 4th gear to keep speed up ?

and its still fine so egt’s are just a number right?

Though I don’t really watch my EGT gauge at all anymore. Just glance at it occasionally. 

Edited by trreed
  • Haha 1