• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I wait and let it idle until the EGT showing on the guage at least 300 or below. Probably a little overkill but I figure better safe than sorry. It doesn't take but an extra minute or so depending on how much of a load was on the engine.

Well that's the safe temp, must be easier for 24V to hit than my 12. I can't seem to get it under 350 no matter what I do. Maybe if I idle for 10 min. I run synthetic so I just let it drop under 400 then shut it down. But if you can hit 300 that fast, definitely wait for it. The cooler everything is on shutdown, the less everything will superheat when you turn it off. For those who might not understand why you wait to shut it down, the oil is constantly moving through the turbo and everything, it probably never gets much over 200F. When you turn the engine off however, the oil sits in the turbo bearings, not moving, absorbing all the heat from that turbo. If you shut it off when the engine is too hot, the oil becomes too hot and forms coking or residue on everything. This is why you shut it down at the lowest possible temp to prevent the oil from getting too hot. 300F is the usual recommended shut down temp.
  • Like 2

In the first picture the 1st, 3rd, 5th have heavy black chunks of some kind of oil or dirt.Thats what i was seeing.Just clean them after you remove the o rings.Then oil the new oring and roll them on.I use a old tooth brush.Be carefull not to scar them at all when cleaning.Dont run a screw driver up and down on the tube to clean them.

I cleaned them with that same tip of the knife that I used to pull the injector tubes out since it doesn't have any sharp edges and I also used diesel with a rag. thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

thats what nice with the edge juice w/att..it has a turbo cool down timer to set in minutes or egt's...have mine set on 4 minutes...it is hot and muggy here...and i have watched as it shuts down...it will get to approx....255 to degrees after 4 minutes runs out....and that 4 minutes helps the vp's computer have a small chance of cooling down along with the 53 block.

cummins

how'd ya go with the RV275's - any feedback ??

PM me where you bought them and how much also :)

*thinking* about getting some ........... mainly cause mike runs them and likes them ..... and I don't want any more HP really than the edge ......... but since at 120k and head might be comming off might be a good time to get them

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 AM ----------

Anyone ?

If I spent $300 on RV275's - would I think it was money well spent ?

Opinions ?