• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Going to look at this tonight

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff
On 7/17/2017 at 7:37 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

That way he can ride the horses home when the Cummins fails. :lmao::lmao2:

Thats a big plus....  hitting tailgators with horse apples.  :lol:

I think Dripley's might a chicken coup in the back of his camper. :lmao:

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

• Owner
4 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Thats a big plus....  hitting tailgators with horse apples.  :lol:

I think Dripley's might a chicken coup in the back of his camper. :lmao:

2 hours ago, dripley said:

Helps with travel expense.

Yeah by keeping all the bird in flight it makes the trailer lighter right? One of those paradoxes? 

• Haha 1

• Staff

I'm not sure...... I know a lot of house flies cruise at 90 in your truck.:thumb1:. Sorry Mike couldn't resist

I think Dripley has a custom gutter that channels eggs from the back up forward to the kitchen.

Edited by JAG1
  • Haha 1

• Staff

It must be more of a problem for me with the tight quarters being it's a truck camper. It will get to where every bit of glass is covered with condensation even with vents cracked.

Dang.... I sure did hijack Nicks thread. Sorry about that.:backtotopic:

Edited by JAG1

• Owner
2 minutes ago, dripley said:

My 5th wheel has alot more air in it than truck camper. As small as that is your breath is constantly adding moisture to the air. Mine is 35' long and averages 7' high with triple slides. A lot more air in it.

Same here with my 31 foot. One main slide and lot of air space. 

Now back in the day doing my canopy camping. It only took one body in the back of the truck and the moisture would build so bad that you would have rain in the morning would you rolled over or got up.

• Staff

My 5th wheel is a 24.5 foot inside, 27.5 foot king pin to back bumper, with one small slide.  On cold mornings I'll have condensation in the sleeping area but none down below.  The trailer has two 15 amp outlet circuits that can be used.  We plug one ceramic heater into each circuit and run them on the low (750 watt) setting.  At night with an out side temp of 28°F, using just one heater in the main sitting area on low power, the inside temp is 55°F  

One time we were dry camping and a winter storm came through and that night the heater stopped working.   When we got up the next morning there was ice on the inside of the windows where the condensation froze, it was 17°F outside.   It was warmer in the refrigerator.  

• Haha 2

My 5th wheel is a 24.5 foot inside, 27.5 foot king pin to back bumper, with one small slide.  On cold mornings I'll have condensation in the sleeping area but none down below.  The trailer has two 15 amp outlet circuits that can be used.  We plug one ceramic heater into each circuit and run them on the low (750 watt) setting.  At night with an out side temp of 28°F, using just one heater in the main sitting area on low power, the inside temp is 55°F  

One time we were dry camping and a winter storm came through and that night the heater stopped working.   When we got up the next morning there was ice on the inside of the windows where the condensation froze, it was 17°F outside.   It was warmer in the refrigerator.  

I have a 50 amp service and can run both my heaters on high but usually one on high and the other on low. Which one depends on the time of night. I always left the furnace on set around 60 or so just for such low temps. But have seen condensation freeze on the windows. Not all but some. My first one had an open belly and I took it to Indianapolis where the temp went down to Zero. I had to underpin it and put a heater on the ground to keep the plumbing flowing. Thawing out brown ice sickles is absolutely no fun. My current one is enclosed with a belly pan and has heaters for the tanks and water lines. Never froze this one.

Dont think me and the wife would fit in the refrigerator either.

• Staff
15 hours ago, Me78569 said:

we have it pretty bad, but we also dont have any insulation or heater currently lol.

You have a great chance to insulate sooo much better, than RV's using rigid foam board. Mine has only 1'' thick bead board. Don't know about others.

Edited by JAG1