• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Custom Quadzilla Tuning R & D Thread

Me78569

10 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

I am gonna hate swapping injectors before too long

Don't I know... Add in nozzle changes, cleaning, and amature pop testing (I'm a noob so it takes a while)... FFS. 340 bar better be good, lol. First thing tomorrow I'm hitting a stretch of highway and doing some data logging before I change out.

18 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

make sure you get a video or two of a WOT take off and a lugged 35 mph locked pull.  :) pretty please

Yeah yeah I'll get it haha. 3rd or OD for the 35mph pull? When my torque converter slips it should really help spoolup lol. 

Edited by kzimmer

at 330 bar my starts are considerably better than with the stock pop 7 x .009's.   Tomorrow I should know if the stock bar is better or not for starting.  

There may be a limit to where that turns upside down though.

Stock bar 7 x .012's are in.  

this is very early in the testing process, but so far I miss the 330 bar injectors.  I will need to review the logs and videos, but I feel like the idle is lopier,   Offidle and transition smoke is up, and the turbo seems laggier now.  @kzimmer I think you said your spool was improved with higher pop as well?

Upper end power, 2600+ rpm seems like it might hold alittle longer.  but I am really not sure on that.  Honestly power wise I dont notice much difference.  I couldn't say I gained 40 or even 20 hp.  EGTS appear to be similar on WOT pulls before lockup.  

Anyways take that with a grain of salt as I have limited time with them so far.  Full videos and logs will come Monday.  

I data logged a bunch of stuff for @Me78569's thread, got a couple videos, and pulled my injectors today. This is really interesting and I'm wondering if @dieselautopower might have some insight to an amature pop tester.

When I installed these injectors in November, I set them all to 365 bar. I'm very sure of that. Each one triple checked. When I took them out, they all tested between 350-355 bar. So I lost 10-15 bar. Same testing fluid, similar temperature conditions. Same pop tester. I'm happy that they were all still balanced, I'm just confused about the change.

I set them all between 330 and 335 bar. I'll do some more logging tomorrow at the new pop pressures, and take a couple more videos. I have a lot of data to go through and no computer with me.

3 hours ago, Me78569 said:

@kzimmer I think you said your spool was improved with higher pop as well?

Yes absolutely. And I don't want to comment as absolute yet, but I immediately noticed a longer spoolup time when going WOT from a dead stop at 330 bar. Also more visible smoke. Timing and fuel adjustments might make this better, but too early to tell, and I'm not changing anything until all my data is collected tomorrow.

I haven't noticed much different up top yet, but sub 2000rpm (spoolup) seems to have suffered.

Edited by kzimmer

1,2 and 4 lines off change cleaned up tip with 800, 1000, and 1500 grit paper then loosened all the blue clamps put back in tightened to spec.... Still leaks on #2.. Loosened and re torqued (again) still leaks.... Ugh I give up

26 minutes ago, Dodgeih said:

1,2 and 4 lines off change cleaned up tip with 800, 1000, and 1500 grit paper then loosened all the blue clamps put back in tightened to spec.... Still leaks on #2.. Loosened and re torqued (again) still leaks.... Ugh I give up

This sounds dumb but did you replace the orings?   I fought leaky lines for ALONG time to find that the orings got tore on install.

I can't wait until I can get some good videos and logs! Will likely be next weekend at best..need to get the injector line to stop leaking and will warm up to 30s next week so I can get #2 back in it for a fair comparison! 

5 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

This sounds dumb but did you replace the orings?   I fought leaky lines for ALONG time to find that the orings got tore on install.

@Me78569 I didn't but they are also only 5k miles old on brand new tubes and I put a dab of oil on them all at I popped into place... I guess I will have to get a hold of scheid to see if they can get me new ones since factory ones don't seem to be the same as mine.. I have a cr head on mine with custom tubes and the o rings that came with my injectors didn't match