• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Shudder light throttle

Mopar1973Man

No it wasnt done. 

I am working through the long drawn out process of thinking through every situtation to try and split it when needed and ensure that at idle state the trucks ecm is doing fueling. I think I have it, but I need to think more.

alright guys,  if you wouldn't mind at some point giving me feedback on this tune in the offidle area. 

Does the fueling handoff work better or worse in the sub 1100 rpm region?  I am curious about the daily driving situtations and lug down situtations for the manual guys.  It is smoother than my old smoothing tune, but I can still make it buck if I lockup at less than 900 rpm and put a lot of throttle to it.  

ADRV27beta.exe

Be warned it is beta,  I have thought through the logic and tested various things, but who knows.  No fueling adjustments at idle state in warmup or normal levels.

lvl 0 is true lvl 0, not canbus fueling 

The way it works is I am altering the starting fueling % as 100% at idle and then moving down to a fueling % that matches your 0 psi setting by 1100 rpm.  If your tunes start over %100 at 0 psi then you will not notice any difference.  small injector tune guys with a tune starting % in the 85+ area shouldn't notice much difference. I dunno hard to tell.  

as a side note I am very happy to have such a nice beta group lolol.

Edited by Me78569

So with a 67% canbus fuel setpoint at 0psi, how will this function? When you say it starts at 100%, does this mean I'll get 100% of my 67% or 100% of stock? I are confuzzled.

Either way I'm going to load this Saturday and put on a few miles before my night shift.

Edit: I read it again and I understand. I'm just worried about smoke before 1100 rpm.

Edited by kzimmer

You will get %100 of oem at 800 rpm and below. then it steps down fueling by a % of difference per rpm jump until 1100 rpm. 

So  

Capture.PNG

this smoothing only happens at 0 psi as well.  so if you hit 1 psi the smoothing disables.  it is as if you had someone adjusting down your 0 psi setting on the fly from 800 rpm to 1100.

I dunno it was a wild thought I had.  it seems to work pretty good for me. I need to play more tomorrow.  

it may smoke like crazy at 900 rpm if you really lug it....dunno

Edited by Me78569

I definitely understand the thought process, it's a bit of a reverse-ramp function and I think you're on to something. With the small injector guys there won't be much change, for big injector trucks the off-idle should be less rammy.

15 hours ago, Me78569 said:

it may smoke like crazy at 900 rpm if you really lug it....dunno

What if you disable this function after a certain tps? Maybe 50%? I think these issues only occur under low throttle. Would remove risk of sun blackout I think.

I guess what I mean is when you, or I, or Mike step on it from a dead stop, the transition just doesn't matter. I'm thinking it's only light or zero throttle situations that cause problems. I like your idea of starting with 100% OEM fuel at 800 rpm or lower and ramping linearly to 0psi canbus setting at 1100 rpm. What if you added another dimension to this, 100% OEM fuel at 0% TPS and 0psi canbus setting at 100% TPS? The final fuel level would of course be a function of both variables. Does this make any sense?

Edited by kzimmer
Typo

• Owner

Exactly. Like the way I teat for the problem is light touch the throttle. The last flash has my truck shaking fairly violently with something like a miss. The weird part is if you have ZERO level it should be turned off. Still something code wise is leaking through on a cold start it loping and stumbling. Like yesterday I parted the truck came back after awhile started it up and it was loping and missing again so all I did was unplug the CAN bus lead now it purrs like a kitten. I left it unplugged all the way home unconfirmed but I think I finally beat my Quadzilla MPG high mark without a Quadzilla. That's not good...

If you drove around the city in heavy traffic where you light feeding throttle the truck sound nasty and performed poorly. Then once you got into the throttle and enough speed the problem was gone. Any condition that placed you at light throttle and 800 to 1200 you can feel the shake and miss.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

@Me78569 the beta release before last where you fixed the level 0 and fueling. I have noticed the high idle in level 0 is no longer a linear curve. No matter the temp of the thermostat that sucker jumps up to 1250’s RPM’s where before it gradually ramped up. I’m not sure if that was on purpose or accident. Personally I might like that feature so my truck will warm up more quickly?

This was an accident, kzimmers truck wouldn't fuel enough to ramp up rpms so I upped the limit lol.  

I did 3 flashes on the way to work.

1 with fueling smoothing based on rpm, one with a tps cut off and one with a fueling % adjustment based on tps input.  

The tps cut was the best for all around,  I got to thinking that it I adjust the rpm limit depeneding on the situtation it might solve the issue. 

So I am gonna test what happens if I do a if > 5 && can_rx_rpm > rpmlimit

Rpm limit is set at 950 rpm on start, but as soon as you qualify the above statement then rpm limit drops to 800 so the quadzilla will continue to fuel until rpms drop belowq 800.   

This might make everyone happy.  

alright I am pretty confident in this style of handoff.

How it works is you have a fueling limit for oem of 1000 rpm, HOWEVER once you hit that 1000 rpm the fueling limit drops down to 700 rpm unless your tps goes to 0 then.  

If tps = 0 or rpms drop below 700 the fueling limit is returned back to 1000 rpm.  

This prevents the fighting that we were used to.  

you will notice a "lul" in fueling when you hit that 1000 rpm limit, but for me it is only noticeable when well below %10 throttle.  If I am driving around normal the truck just takes off. 

When lvl1 is set low enough to be "anti theft" the truck can buck a bit, but I am not worried about that.

I would love to have feed back on this one.  

Flashed it. I like it. I have to try really hard to feel that 1000rpm lull, and then it's gone. Can't even make it come back unless I drop to 0% TPS and start again. That's at a 0 psi canbus setting of 70%. Can't force any kind of buck sputter spit lope or miss. I'll mail you a beer if you leave it like this lol.