• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Shudder light throttle

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

As for the shudder / miss. When I got to the Eclipse camp of JAG1 and IBMobile I was able to reproduce the miss really good and it was skipping a cylinder out right. Thenn if I changed to the 0 level it was gone. Right around the 2% level still and about 900 RPM last I checked. This will not reproduce on cold engine or cool fuel temp best to be nice and hot. IAT above 120*F, Fuel Temp above 120*F and Coolant in the 195*F range will show the best. Cooler the temps less you can notice it. As for that day I've been driving for over 350 miles. So the truck was nice and toasty and produced the miss really well. Short trip days like from home to Riggins which is 15 miles is hard to pick it out.

• Owner

Now since my exhaust rotten off the muffler. I now shorten it up to the good stuff left and put a turn down on it. You can really hear the miss now there is no muffler and open pipe under the cab. Again any Quadzilla setting above ZERO will produce the miss. Zero is smooth and clean. I know I've got to get a video of it but I'm trying to find my tripod for my camera. Hard to hold the camera and my phone at the same time attempting to record as I hold the throttle (about 2% TPS 900 RPM) and change levels up and down.

https://youtu.be/4Tq1gQewzpE

Edited by Mopar1973Man

53 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Now since my exhaust rotten off the muffler. I now shorten it up to the good stuff left and put a turn down on it. You can really hear the miss now there is no muffler and open pipe under the cab. Again any Quadzilla setting above ZERO will produce the miss. Zero is smooth and clean. I know I've got to get a video of it but I'm trying to find my tripod for my camera. Hard to hold the camera and my phone at the same time attempting to record as I hold the throttle (about 2% TPS 900 RPM) and change levels up and down.

https://youtu.be/4Tq1gQewzpE

On 8/21/2017 at 1:53 PM, Me78569 said:

At what rpm and load is the miss not there regardless of temp?  

If you pull away from a stop light at %20 throttle would this happen?

Does this happen if you idle around a parking lot not using the throttle input?

• Owner

Most noticeable rolling in parking lots where speed and throttle are low. Like rolling in my driveway sounds sick with a nasty miss as I roll in the yard on light throttle. All I got to do is switch to level ZERO it's gone smooth as silk every time. If I let off the throttle it disappears. Throttle harder it disappears. Another spot is in small towns where speed limits are as low as 15 to 25 MPH shows its ugly head and sounds nasty. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

My guess is,

That when the truck is at low rpms and hte "anti stall" function is going on that the ecm is actually sending out priority 3 messages rather than priority 1, ( higher being more important) and the quads messages are getting in the way.  Once the ecm has deamed the truck as  "good" then it stops sending priority 3 and goes back to priority 1 and the issue goes away.  

Mike,

What RPM does the issue go away, If you are low throttle through a parking lot and increase rpm's when does it stop?  1000 rpm? 1100 rpm? 

1 hour ago, Me78569 said:

@kzimmer  Can you let me know if your trucks issue is fixed?

@Mopar1973Man is it the same cylinder or is it random?  

48 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Random. All you've  done was moved it to 1,000 RPM starting point. Below 1,000 runs smooth and normal. Still in all turn it level zero or just unplug the Quadzilla problem gone. 

Here's my post in the other thread for reference:

"

Hey guys,

I am having a small issue with the newest v2 standard fuel update. If I am stopped, in neutral (or park, it's an auto), and give it 2-4% throttle and hold it there, the truck lopes badly. It'll also do this in drive with around 4-6% throttle. It makes parking lot cruising tough. Very repeatable, does it every time. 

"

I'm the same as Mike. Moved the RPM and TPS of the problem up. 2-3% throttle before, now 3-4% throttle. Cleaned up by 1000rpm before, now cleans up by 1030.

Side note: Aside from this small issue, I am loving how this tune runs. I also really liked the smoothing factors you added. I hope those get put back in when this is resolved.

7 minutes ago, kzimmer said:

Side note: Aside from this small issue, I am loving how this tune runs. I also really liked the smoothing factors you added. I hope those get put back in when this is resolved.

shoot me now. :doh:

lol I took it out and people said " hey that's better" lololol ugh

alright @Mopar1973Man and @kzimmer

Does this happen when in warmup mode?  IE when the bar is green on the iquad app.

1 hour ago, Me78569 said:

alright @Mopar1973Man and 

Does this happen when in warmup mode?  IE when the bar is green on the iquad app.

I forced warmup mode on by setting it to 180. I was running at 165. I would say it was 95% gone. Like I had to really try to listen and feel for a lope, and the 5% that I thought was left may have just been my imagination.

It ia fair to say that this only happens when boost = 0?  

Alight try this one.  Another change I made before the issue happened was change the map sensor offset from 12 psi to 13 psi to keep the quad from reading hte wrong boost value.  

This tune makes it impossible for the quad to see less than 0 psi of boost.  

ADRV2easytime.exe