• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Shudder light throttle

Mopar1973Man

8 hours ago, Dodgeih said:

This might be kind of a beginner question, but is there a way to move tunes from one profile to the other. Like all my tunes are built on the v2 dodge 1998-2002 profile. If I change over to the v2 quadzilla only test 2 can I bring my tunes over there some how? I also have some made on the v2 dodge 2001-2002 profile that I built on the wrong one and kinda want to move them over but if not it's not a huge deal! 

@Me78569 I downloaded a lot of the tunes that are hosted and modified them for my truck am I gonna loose them or will they transfer to the v2.7?

28 minutes ago, Dodgeih said:

Is the new app released in the app store then? 

I think you might be mixing up app update with base tune flash update. I don't think the app update is released yet.

Edited by kzimmer
Typo

Yeah..quad said they were working on the app today, I got the 2 mixed up I guess. I was thinking app and base tune were being worked on today..my bad...I still have the beta one from a couple months back can I assume that's the most recent? 

I had a lot on my plate today lol

yea beta one is still current and from what I can tell stable.  

the base flash 2.7 will work on the app and json 2.5 just fine.  The boost offset is defaulted to 12 psi for the 2.5 json file so you should be in the same range as before.  

I tried my best to roll out the changes in a way that would work with any json configuration. 

5 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

yea beta one is still current and from what I can tell stable.  

the base flash 2.7 will work on the app and json 2.5 just fine.  The boost offset is defaulted to 12 psi for the 2.5 json file so you should be in the same range as before.  

I tried my best to roll out the changes in a way that would work with any json configuration. 

So 12 will be the minimum then? I was really hoping that would stay at 10.. Even at 11 that you set for me before I still feel like 10 might have worked... With it at 11 I still was 2-4psi lower than my gauge. ?

Well pretty sure I'm screwed... the quad failed to update halfway through. Had to restart the whole computer. Can't get it to update. Plug the box back into the truck with the key not even in the ignition and the whole dash was lit up on plug it in the dash on lights. Starting the truck and plug the quad in and it misses and sputters and whatever. I can't get the box to update at all. I was using the V2 idle smooth EXE... Trying again shortly

I tried about 5 times and it would fail halfway through every single time. Also took about two or three times as long to connect or find module as it used to. I deleted the file free download of it and it works just like it's supposed to and the truck starts fine have not driven yet but it is not putting off the bells and whistles like it was before. Hopefully it's fixed

14 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

The last flash has mine shaking and missing from 800 to 1000 RPMs. Even the custom flash is still doing it.

Lucky you. I can't even connect to change my tune.. I have a feeling I'm not going to have enough power to even buck the 35mph head wind to get home tonight

800-1000 is "normal" in terms of how fueling is handing off.  It is much smoother ony my truck but that may be a result of the huge injectors.  Are you still having issues int he 1000-1200 area?

If you guys dont think it is better then we can scrap that fueling handoff.    Can more people who have run the 2.7 file let me know how the hand off is? 

@Dodgeih I had similar issues before I disabled my antivirus before downloading and flashing.  The flash was not being applied correctly.  

Edited by Me78569

I will try that. Would that cause no connection as well possibly? I will let you know how I like it if I can get it going! 

Now my computer won't even connect to the quad..... 

Edit. When my the quad was doing goofy stuff it set p1688 and p0215... Hope something bad didn't happen there because I certainly can't afford that right now

Edited by Dodgeih

OK I just downloaded V2.7.  My truck still has a miss at idle rpm’s (800 ish).  It only happens when I am  engaging the clutch without hitting the throttle. I believed the issue was due to the fact that my clutch has a hot spot in it. I am no longer sure if that is the case. 

I also have a question regarding the eco-gauge. How accurate is that and what information is it using? I would like to build in mpg tune and If that is real world accurate info that will be huge!!!!