• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla iQuad bluetooth issues

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

No. High idle kit is still functional. Just need to disable Quadzilla high idle. Be aware the MPG mode has no affect after Quadzilla kicks after warm up. You so get the bonus of cutting back the cold start timing but only for the cold start and warm up. After that the Quadzilla controls timing directly.

• 1 year later...
  • Owner
On 4/30/2018 at 8:36 AM, Quadzilla Power said:

We are always trying to improve things to make them better. Since the last post of this in November, several things have change and updated including both the app and the base level tune that we are using. Its much more stable now with a lot better feedback than it was back in November. 

@Quadzilla Power All the downloads here are dated 2018 we could use a update here on the site... I'm wanting to update but there isn't any updates to download. 

Released 

Just an FYI:

Dedicated Samsung Galaxy S3 in airplane mode with most recent app - connected 90% of the time when I first installed the device on stock tune. I created custom tune two weeks ago & connection was similar for a few days. NJ weather got colder the past week and I haven't got it to connect for 7 days straight.  Sometimes when I click on "connect to adrenaline" the choose bluetooth prompt displays and only shows IQUAD. I click on IQUAD but cannot connect. My commute is about 30 min in the morning & evening with 0% connection for the past 7 days. Very frustrating. Possibly a temperature issue? I have researched if the Bluetooth crystal oscillator is not rated for freezing or is lower quality, the clock accuracy is affected. I am unsure this is the case but it has to be hardware or software related (duh). I do not know enough about the software to assist in diagnosis. I am going to try an S4 and Samsung tablet tonight & maybe even attempt to connect while under the hood.  

The one thing that swayed me in that direction is that you stated after 20 min of driving it has better luck connecting. Not sure if this is the current state but figured I would share my experience.

How do we check the IQuad over-crimp issue? Was it the the harness side or the adapter side? Has anyone investigated creating a wired connection? The adapter must be taking the raw data and transferring via BT. We (Quadzilla) just need to Rosetta stone the data coming from the Adrenaline adapter plug and find a way to get it to the app via lighting plug (apple) or micro usb. Likely easier said than done.  

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: I am almost certain cold temperature is affecting my connection: The weather has been at or below 32 deg. F for the past week and zero connectivity. Today, I took the truck out to pick up some lunch with temperatures in the mid 40s and boom....connected right up. How does one explain that? I truly believe my issue is with temperatures since I ONLY have issues in the cold. Tonight I will unplug the BT module and keep it toasty inside until tomorrow's commute & report back.  

4 hours ago, evan717 said:

UPDATE: I am almost certain cold temperature is affecting my connection: The weather has been at or below 32 deg. F for the past week and zero connectivity. Today, I took the truck out to pick up some lunch with temperatures in the mid 40s and boom....connected right up. How does one explain that? I truly believe my issue is with temperatures since I ONLY have issues in the cold. Tonight I will unplug the BT module and keep it toasty inside until tomorrow's commute & report back.  

If that's true, it sounds like a cold solder joint, which would be a manufacturing defect in either the Bluetooth module, or inside the adrenaline module itself. Not a definite diagnosis, but it's a possibility.

14 hours ago, kzimmer said:

If that's true, it sounds like a cold solder joint, which would be a manufacturing defect in either the Bluetooth module, or inside the adrenaline module itself. Not a definite diagnosis, but it's a possibility.

I am not well versed in electronics but I am an ME. Is this something you can fix with the heat gun trick or contact Quad to make it right?

UPDATE: Plugged a warm BT module into the truck this morning & connected immediately. Within 2 minutes of 27 deg F weather it disconnected & did not register as available. 

Thank you for the reply. Now dealing with a P0237 code and it would be great if the Quad actually worked to monitor & assist in diagnosis. I have yet to run through the voltage checklist & don't want to get off topic. 

Should I contact Quad? Can I expect assistance from them?

On 1/26/2020 at 5:39 AM, evan717 said:

Interesting. I contacted them Friday and waiting to hear back. Did the new quad connect reliably?

We just sent you an email. It would probably be best to have you send in both of your modules for testing so we can get to the bottom of your issues. 

On 1/26/2020 at 2:47 AM, Tatteddad3116 said:

Its definitely one of the modules. I got mine brand new 2 weeks ago. Got it all hooked up and my bluetooth wouldnt connect. I sent it in and it was the it was the chip board in iquad module

@Tatteddad3116 Unfortunately, the processor on your Adrenaline (for 2006-2007 Cummins) was damaged. The actual iQuadBT was fully functional, it just wasn't getting proper voltage to power on. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Quadzilla Power said:

We just sent you an email. It would probably be best to have you send in both of your modules for testing so we can get to the bottom of your issues. 

@Tatteddad3116 Unfortunately, the processor on your Adrenaline (for 2006-2007 Cummins) was damaged. The actual iQuadBT was fully functional, it just wasn't getting proper voltage to power on. 

Thank you for the response. I will reply to your email.

• Like 1