• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Washington state smog test question

'08 and newer do not need to go through smog (at least in Spokane county anyway). When I bought my '08 Ford, I was pleasantly surprised to find this out. Back when I had my 2000 Dodge I had to go through smog, but they only do an opacity test (visible smoke). If you have large injectors, the Smarty 1/2 power program is your friend...

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Dynamic said:

'08 and newer do not need to go through smog (at least in Spokane county anyway). When I bought my '08 Ford, I was pleasantly surprised to find this out. Back when I had my 2000 Dodge I had to go through smog, but they only do an opacity test (visible smoke). If you have large injectors, the Smarty 1/2 power program is your friend...

Thanks Dynamic.  

Two things...

----First...I think I pulled a fast one.  Not on purpose but by mistake.  The smog people kept wanting me to rev up to 3,000 RPM.  I refused and went inside to office to see what the heck was going on.  Turns out hey were testing me for a 5.9 gas instead of 5.9 diesel. And for some reason my registration in the "power" block had a "G" as in gas and not a "D" for diesel.  The smog people also printed out every test I had since 1996.  They sent me to state patrol vehicle inspection site and I was told only state patrol can change it.   State patrol looked at the smog tests and said go to any license place to get it changed.  State patrol also gave me a brosure that said  

These diesel vehicles no longer require an emission test:

All diesel powered passenger vehicles weighing less than 6,001 pounds.   (passenger vehicle not "light duty truck")

All diesel vehicles model year 2007 and newer, regardless of weight.   (in other words DPF)
I took the brosure and all the previous smog tests (that the smog people printed for me) into license place.  The lady didn't even look at the dates of the smog tests.  She pulled up my info confirmed my VIN number and changed the "G" to a "D" and sold me a lic tab.  So I got a lic tab and didn't get a smog test, and I'm in a smog test area.  (I'm not complaining) That was why I was wondering if the smog test rules have been changed.   Not sure if lic place made mistake or if smog rules changed. 

---Second thing.  I visited your place last summer. Was going to make it over this summer to get trans re-built.  But stuff has come up, Namely wife is not to good, but getting better.  Probably can't make it over there this year.  And I hate your side in the snow. (no offense)  My inlaws have been visiting wife, so they are making a few trips from Spokane Valley to Seattle.  I think their house is about 10 miles from you.  (South on Sullivan to 24th)  The next rip they make over here maybe they could carry my trans over to you and then back to me a couple months later...How much of a hassle for either of us?  Any special stuff I have to do at my end?  Or is that a bad idea to begin with, if you like to test drive it before turning loose to customer?

Thanks
Edited by 015point9

• Owner

Not to hijack... :hijack:

But could some turn the USFS in for smog violation? I'm getting smoked out here in Idaho. 

That is the part that drives me crazy EPA is so worried about a few vehicle running around on the planet but just the fires on the west side is enough to smoke or smog us out worse than LA smog ever was. This is been going on since later July. 

DSCF4278.JPG

OP here...OK to hijack IMO.  Just waiting for  Dynamic  to answer, he'll probably answer in couple days.  If not I'll call him.  

EPA and gov't in general....I've got the letter from Office of Personnel (military records) that me along with about 20 million others had their records stolen by Chinese.  And a member (guinea pig) of Camp Lejeune Poison water program, a big gov't cover up, that didn't work out to well for the gov.  (They got caught.) 

But from my wives uncle that passed away, a retired Forest ranger, I got his Dutch oven book. He saved recipes for many fire seasons.   Recipes that all the fire fighters thought was best Dutch oven recipes in their fire fighting base camps.  Base camps also known as waiting for somebody for to make a decision.

So today...we have cheaped down melting point of solder, fuel that we pay refineries to take out the lubricity, and then we pay to put lubricity back in the form of 2 stroke oil.  

But all that's OK...That smoke is from trees grown "range free" and probably doesn't have any GMO's.  :wtf: 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Not to hijack... :hijack:

But could some turn the USFS in for smog violation? I'm getting smoked out here in Idaho. 

That is the part that drives me crazy EPA is so worried about a few vehicle running around on the planet but just the fires on the west side is enough to smoke or smog us out worse than LA smog ever was. This is been going on since later July. 

DSCF4278.JPG

We in the Smokey mountains are used to this picture. But you cannot smell any smoke. It just looks the same.Our smokey look comes from the vegetation.

On 9/3/2017 at 11:20 PM, 015point9 said:

---Second thing.  I visited your place last summer. Was going to make it over this summer to get trans re-built.  But stuff has come up, Namely wife is not to good, but getting better.  Probably can't make it over there this year.  And I hate your side in the snow. (no offense)  My inlaws have been visiting wife, so they are making a few trips from Spokane Valley to Seattle.  I think their house is about 10 miles from you.  (South on Sullivan to 24th)  The next rip they make over here maybe they could carry my trans over to you and then back to me a couple months later...How much of a hassle for either of us?  Any special stuff I have to do at my end?  Or is that a bad idea to begin with, if you like to test drive it before turning loose to customer?

Sorry...! Totally missed this one!

Yes, you can send your transmission over any time! Ideally, I like to be able to drive the trucks after I build them, just to make sure everything is set correctly, but it's not the end of the world. I bench build for guys all over the NW all the time. Setting the TV cable properly is the main thing, but it's not rocket science. I can easily walk you through it. As far as my end, well, I've set up a few (thousand) valve bodies in my day, so I've kind of got them down...!

• Haha 1

Dynamic   Thanks...I just better wait till I can get truck over to you.  (1) make sure no issues (even if you gave me instructions over phone and (2) Misc stuff...proper way to adjust bands, taking out of overdirve at higher speeds with bd exhaust brake and few other things. Brother in law retiring soon so getting back and forth to his place and your place should be no problem. 

No worries. Just let me know when you want to get it to me and we'll get you on the schedule. The more notice you can give me, the better... This has been my busiest year ever, so this summer has been a bit crazy! Looking forward to fall and winter for a little slowdown, although last year the "slowdown" never occurred! Definitely a good problem to have, though...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1