• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Happy Thanksgiving

dripley

43 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

No Thanksgiving here... We are going to enjoy our quiet 4 days to ourselves. I'll be working on the truck doing basic repairs. At least it 3 days without having to travel.

Nothing wrong with the peace and quite either or the 3 days with no travel. Enjoy. I need to spend some time on my ride also.

9 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Happy Thanksgiving to you too Dave and everyone. We are going to have a full house here also.

Maybe I can send you a hubcap casserole.

• Staff

Yum, I can test out my new metal molars. That good dentist of mine can remove chrome fragments.:thumb1:

Thanks too becauseThat reminds me... I want to get my snap on magnet and see if its attracted to my new teeth.

Edited by JAG1

• Staff
1 hour ago, 015point9 said:

Everybody invited to my house...was told yesterday septic tank field is history.  Bring shovel and porta potty:whistle:

If you Don't show happy Thanksgiving anyway:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

More like Bring the Excavator, 1000 gal concrete tank and infiltrator drain channels.

I think Dave's got his new fold out supervisors chair ready too.:thumb1:

Edited by JAG1

10 hours ago, JAG1 said:

I think Dave's got his new fold out supervisors chair ready too.:thumb1:

I do and I know how to use. I'll even wear my brand new safety vest so no one runs over me.

Not the way to spend Thanksgiving @015point9. Hope it is an easy fix.

Edited by dripley

• Owner

Here is what I've been doing... Splitting firewood, burning off my garbage pile. Funny how soaking wet bark will burn just fine with nearly 5 gallons of oil poured on the pile. That also got rid of an oil change and half for me. Nice to have the wood splitter hooked to the ATV and I dont have to pack the firewood. Then the plow blade in front will be handy later on to push the trash pile back in the fire more. 

20171123_102116.jpg

20171123_102059.jpg

• Like 2

• Staff

Interesting.

Don't you usually get snow by now? I'm glad that can get out after some of the work around there anyway.

I don't have a log splitter but I find its good for me to do that work by hand. Helps keep me strong, but I also live on the wet side where it only takes about 2 cord a year to heat my house.

• Owner

Heck, it started with a low of 49* and got to a high of 62*F here today.  Average wind speed of 6 MPH.  Really nice out. Off and on misty rain showers. Typically the ski resort in McCall is open for skiing by now typically. 

https://brundage.com/on-the-mountain/winter/snow-report/

Stacking on the trailer and the tarp it so it can dry out. I've got some dry wood in the shed but I don't want to bury my dry wood with the wet or damp stuff I just split.

20171123_131634.jpg

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

Happy Thanksgivings to all of you as well!

I spent the day at the in law’s, we get along great so it was actually an enjoyable time lol. My mom and dad came over for a couple of hours as well.

6 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Heck, it started with a low of 49* and got to a high of 62*F here today.  Average wind speed of 6 MPH.  Really nice out. Off and on misty rain showers. Typically the ski resort in McCall is open for skiing by now typically. 

https://brundage.com/on-the-mountain/winter/snow-report/

20171123_131634.jpg

I really like your way of life :thumb1:

Edited by The_Hammer
My grammer suck, my spelling suck.
  • Thanks 1

• Owner
2 minutes ago, The_Hammer said:

Thank you. It's not an easy life. Do most of this work solo without help. After a while, you learn your own tricks of handling a big job like this one without getting hurt or worn out. My biggest factor is time. Being I'm still taking care of @MoparMom and getting her back and forth to dialysis treatments. Basically 13 hours every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday I'm on the road driving from New Meadows, ID to Ontario, OR (250 mile round trip).

• Like 1

• Staff
2 hours ago, The_Hammer said:

Happy Thanksgivings to all of you as well!

I spent the day at the in law’s, we get along great so it was actually an enjoyable time lol. My mom and dad came over for a couple of hours as well.

I live like this too and once you do that you never want to go back living in town. The hard work part is very good for you and you get used to it, but the sense of satisfaction and freedom cannot be beat.

IMG_0895.JPGThis is my road going out of my place

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...