• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

GoECM.com

Bobalos, I just called and talked to Steve. He knows his stuff , Used to work for Cummins. He is in San Diego too and Im in Temecula area

Do you have anymore info and input on the ECM you got from Steve. I had a nice chat with him

Rick

Edited by GSP7

• Owner
13 hours ago, Bobalos said:

FWIW, I used https://carcomputerexchange.com/index.php   and had a much less than pleasurable experience. 

I ended up going to a local guy who TOTALLY took care of me. 

http://www.blacksmokin.com/ 

Bob

You might get ahold of @pepsi71ocean and have that added to his article.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, GSP7 said:

Ive found Go ECM, The above that Bobalos mentioned, 

I just called FlagShipOne in NY- lifetime warranty no core charge...

I work at a dismantling/salvage yard. We sell computers to FlagShipOne on a daily basis. Also we sell a lot to another place called All Computer Resources in Miami, FL.

Gomers US Diesel Parts in Montana  sells Flight Systems ECMs.1 year warrenty

I talked to them .  Seems like a good seller,

Couple place claim lifetime warranty, Flagship and All compu Resources in Florida but I wonder if that's because they have alot of CBs (come backs) bad units

I've heard comments, calling around, the florida sellers, beware of

35 minutes ago, GSP7 said:

Gomers US Diesel Parts in Montana  sells Flight Systems ECMs.1 year warrenty

I talked to them .  Seems like a good seller,

Couple place claim lifetime warranty, Flagship and All compu Resources in Florida but I wonder if that's because they have alot of CBs (come backs) bad units

I've heard comments, calling around, the florida sellers, beware of

The vendor I used is in Florida but has been verified as reputable. However i have also heard of issues with all computer resources.

There was a member here not to long that bought from Flagship One and had a bad experience with them, not sure he ever got it resolved. Mine came from Auto ECU/Automotive Scientific Inc. Believe they are out of Florida. Vey bad experience for me.

Anyone heard of RAE Diesel (Reman Auto Electronics)? They are Part of Flight Systems Electronics group

http://www.remanautoelectronics.com/about

I talked to them seems like a winner . The ECMs are re-manufactured, up graded, and also repaired if needed , not just repaired

Edited by GSP7

On 11/29/2017 at 1:15 PM, dripley said:

There was a member here not to long that bought from Flagship One and had a bad experience with them, not sure he ever got it resolved. Mine came from Auto ECU/Automotive Scientific Inc. Believe they are out of Florida. Vey bad experience for me.

Care to expand on your experience with the Auto ECU/Automotive Scientific Inc. group there @dripley

Are they out of Tennessee? 

Edited by pepsi71ocean

1 hour ago, pepsi71ocean said:

Care to expand on your experience with the Auto ECU/Automotive Scientific Inc. group there @dripley

I found that company too, In Tennessee.  I saw they had a "repaired" price and a "remanufactured" price

I didnt call them though

Edited by GSP7

5 hours ago, pepsi71ocean said:

This happened back in 09 so might be off on the location, but I sure remember Florida for some reason. Mine went out and I ended buying from them. The old went with a lot of codes except for a P0606. So I ordered one from them and a week after paying them and sending my core in I called to see what was going on. They told me my core was bad so that had to get another to fix for me. Think I got back a week later not sure now. I put on and nothing changed except that now I get P0606 along with all the others i was getting before. They stood behind it except it took me 6 weeks to get the 2nd one. It did work fine except my cruise control did not work, the cruise light stayed on constant but no cruise. I could not afford any more down time and I just drove it like it was. That one lasted 13 months and died out on the highway. Ended up at a shop in a small town in Tennessee and he got me one from Cummins programmed and installed for $1400 or so. 

The pictures below show the unit I got. It has been riding around under my seat in dusty environment. The brown stuff around the edges is where dirt got stuck into the silicone that was smeared around the edges to seal it up. 2 of the screws holding the case together are missing and the perimeter shows where they pried the case open and did not do much to straighten it out before reassembling it. The dirt in the connector is from my truck, it was clean when I got it.5a20a8b826d2e_ecm1.jpg.87114860ebbaee9ed18a232f840026b7.jpg5a20a8c1a74c7_ecm2.jpg.76bd996096e8ddad6af92befbd95a012.jpg5a20a8cf67e78_ecm3.jpg.a33f389f261e1f970d52400a19f34b59.jpg5a20a8d478b78_ecm4.jpg.c182d3d0efa279c8b9f2e276a46e3a05.jpg

I purchased an ecm from goecm.com a month or so ago.  So far all is well but I do not have many miles on it yet. Truck doesn't get driven much. It's to early to tell how it will pan out in the long run, but my experience with them has been very positive compared to horror stories you read from other places. I did find a site where some people had posted bad reviews and crying about stuff, but every one of the complaints was answered by the company rep and then followed up with an endorsing post from the complainant for what it's worth. Hopefully everything works out for you. I know the feeling of what you're going through trying to weed through the endless BS that is auto electronics repair. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2017 at 12:50 AM, Curt026 said:

I purchased an ecm from goecm.com a month or so ago.  So far all is well but I do not have many miles on it yet. Truck doesn't get driven much. It's to early to tell how it will pan out in the long run, but my experience with them has been very positive compared to horror stories you read from other places. I did find a site where some people had posted bad reviews and crying about stuff, but every one of the complaints was answered by the company rep and then followed up with an endorsing post from the complainant for what it's worth. Hopefully everything works out for you. I know the feeling of what you're going through trying to weed through the endless BS that is auto electronics repair. 

Keep me updated on this

• Like 1