• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Light Bar Battery Source

2 hours ago, GSP7 said:

After looking at that relay, I am pretty sure that is a cheapo. I would get this one. It is a Delphi and made in the USA for a few dollars more. That Amazon picture is deceiving.

Delphi USA Made fuse

Edited by Red Rambler

• 2 weeks later...

I just got this weatherproof relay and the Blue Sea waterproof fuse holder from amazon.

Both quality parts

On 12/27/2017 at 8:51 AM, Red Rambler said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=4d11e5b7ded08803918zcm6BFHL._SY355_.jpg

Edited by GSP7

Red good find in those two items.

Now Im looking on the best deal for Shrink Tube with Melt Adhesive, and Heat Shrink Butt Connectors with melt adhesive

I cant even fine either with the melt adhesive anywhere local. No electronics supply stores anywhere either

Edited by GSP7

18 hours ago, GSP7 said:

Red good find in those two items.

Now Im looking on the best deal for Shrink Tube with Melt Adhesive, and Heat Shrink Butt Connectors with melt adhesive

I cant even fine either with the melt adhesive anywhere local. No electronics supply stores anywhere either

Oreilly auto parts has both but are Dorman brand. I usually get 3M from eBay. 3M is great quality. 

3M Butt connectors

Heat Shrink

Edited by Red Rambler

4 minutes ago, GSP7 said:

The top link doesn't appear to be 3M on Amazon, however the 2nd link in eBay does appear to be 3M, based on the title. My 3M butt connectors have wire size lettering on them. I would use the Solder n Seal connectors versus the butt connectors if you purchased those, the ones you posted in the other thread about. My butt connectors that are 3M have the below lettering on them.

image.png.ca1f8c5c5d52ecdb5b2c38ce71462117.png

• Owner

Personally, if you looking for the optimal connection soldering the wires together is the best connection vs crimp connectors. I avoid crimp butt connectors being they are typically the weak point of a wiring issue. I'd rather have 1 continuous wire or solder and shrink tube the wire together. I've seen all kinds of crimp connectors with shrink tubing etc. Solder or welding the wire together will always be best. 

Almost got everything to install my back-up light.

First I removed this in-bed plug the first owner installed with scotch clips(what ever they are called). Lucky I live in the desert, so the wiring was clean where the clips were.

IMG_1296.jpg

IMG_1294.jpg

Im going Old School vintage style back-up light, no LED $.

The original bulb in my Peterson par36 light is a

#4411 par36 35w trapazoid beam, 2500 candle power

I tryed a....

#4415 35w fog/flood 40x5 degree beam, 9000 candle power

better but the 5 degree vertical is a thin fog beam.

So some research and I got......

#H7614 50w, 70x30 degree beam, 2000 candle power

Wow. this bulb lights 10 times more area and brighter than the other two inside my dark shop. The candle power rating doesnt mean much.. Plus the 70x30 degree beam is great for a back-up. I cant wait to test it tonight out side

IMG_1297.jpg

Edited by GSP7
  • Like 1

Those old clips look like wire taps. You will like the ability to see behind yourself upon backing once you get this thing going. My last straw was when I almost backed over my sons bike, because I couldn't see with the stock backup lights. Being in the Desert seems to have left your underside of your truck nice and clean :thumb1:

• Owner
12 minutes ago, Red Rambler said:

I have noticed with our last round of snow, the road crews have been laying down a lot of liquid de-icer, not sure how potent that stuff is on vehicles though. Might be worse than salt.

Liquid deicer is corrosive to brass connectors and copper wiring so if you got any scotch locks used in the tail light wiring like most shops do then those will fail shortly after being exposed to the liquid deicer. 

Here you go...

http://www.peterschemical.com/magnesium-chloride-as-a-road-deicer-a-critical-review/

• Thanks 1