• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Found shoddy workmanship in wire harness

I know the previous owner didn't do this.  He's the kind of guy that would buy a $300 crimper to do one crimp. 

So that means it came this way from the factory, or the dealer did this.   My guess is that the dealer damaged the connector while removing the stock lift pump. 

This is the connector for the manifold air pressure sensor.  Does anyone have an idea what kind of problem this would cause?  I mean, if the truck runs, but doesn't have this sensor data, what would the truck do? 

frank.jpg

Rules out another owner doing it. The reason i asked year is my 02 came with adifferent MAP sensor that is not available any more so I have a short harness adapter so I can plug into the available sensor. It coverts to the connector shown in your pic. I would think some were probably done the same way. Hence the splice maybe. Still shoddy work. I have done some butt connectors but used the heat shrink type with grease in them.