• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Just now, Dieselfuture said:

If you still have a stock vp chances are it's getting wore out and that could be why. You also have 4.10 probably doesn't help much. Filters for remote set up I would say Fleet guard, Donaldson, Baldwin. One water separator one 2 micron filter. Need to figure out what base you'll be using first so you sizes.

Vp was replaced like 2 or 3 yds ago and only has 15k miles on it. I’m thinking mYbe injectors cuase they are stock original ones. Driving home from work last night I felt my truck very lightly surge every few seconds. Nothing bad at all but it was there. Are these symptoms of injectors? 

I think you have seen my other thread about the turbo swap? I’m going to get 7x0.010 eventuallly so I may let these be until I get the turbo in? Like you said it’s prob not worth the time too remove and ship them for testing. 

This may have nothing to do with it but I’m seeing plenty of blue smoke on startvup around 25to 35 degrees. Problably normal... 

• Like 1

I have the DTT Assassin pump and have ran it for about 4-5 years I think. I just added a rail mount dual filter setup this past year, mostly because I finally found it hidden in my shop and figured why not.  I had never had any trouble with filtration just using the stock filter setup prior to the install.  

• Owner

Personally, I like the double filter idea the AirDog gives. So I've got a 3 um filter on the AirDog and then the Fleetguard 10 um filter in the stock filter. The Airdog is returning more fuel that the engine could ever use so the AirDog is constantly polishing the fuel clean. So when I'm changing filters at 50-60k miles now even the 10 um stock filter is dirty. So double stacking filters is a good thing to do and will protect the injection pump way better than stock filter could. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gamble said:

I have the DTT Assassin pump and have ran it for about 4-5 years I think. I just added a rail mount dual filter setup this past year, mostly because I finally found it hidden in my shop and figured why not.  I had never had any trouble with filtration just using the stock filter setup prior to the install.  

Are you running those extra filters between the pump at the crank and the oem filter?

10 hours ago, CTcummins24V said:

Are you running those extra filters between the pump at the crank and the oem filter?

Negative, Goes: Tank>dual filters>assassin pump>factory housing>VP.  I would rather clean the fuel before it goes through the pump and after, even though I haven't had any debris issues.

11 hours ago, Gamble said:

Negative, Goes: Tank>dual filters>assassin pump>factory housing>VP.  I would rather clean the fuel before it goes through the pump and after, even though I haven't had any debris issues.

Gamble, how does your fuel line run? On the fuel boss it utilizes the factory hard line from the fuel tank to right under the driver is where the hard line ends and the rubber hose starts. My question is do you still have the factory hard line or is your rubber hose plumbed from the tank and you don't use the hard line any longer? I want to run a setup like tfaoro does, however the rubber hose is a pretty short run from the hard line to the engine bay. Does anybody have a dual filter setup while using the factory hard line? 

10 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

I use the factory hard line for the fuel return line to the fuel tank filler neck,   You can run new hose from the tank to the filters/pump.

That is most likely what I will do. Just run new hose to make it easy. I really like the filters on the outside of the frame rail tucked up high. Thanks for the info. 

I am not using the hard lines, I ran new 1/2” line all the way forward and back for the return. My dual filter is setup outside the rail and is only visible either from a distance or as in the picture standing downhill of the truck. I built a bracket that I mounted to the rail, and then the filter bracket mounts to it. It allowed me to put it up where I wanted it, thus keeping fuel lines in better locations. Eye level would be about mid door to get this part of the filters to show.

EC78A450-626D-47F2-8C02-20BAA5EE1818.jpeg

49 minutes ago, Gamble said:

I am not using the hard lines, I ran new 1/2” line all the way forward and back for the return. My dual filter is setup outside the rail and is only visible either from a distance or as in the picture standing downhill of the truck. I built a bracket that I mounted to the rail, and then the filter bracket mounts to it. It allowed me to put it up where I wanted it, thus keeping fuel lines in better locations. Eye level would be about mid door to get this part of the filters to show.

EC78A450-626D-47F2-8C02-20BAA5EE1818.jpeg

Thanks Gamble. What adapter did you use at the sender on your tank. I never had an intake pump. I assume the sender has an adapter of some sort at the tank. 

18 minutes ago, Red Rambler said:

Thanks Gamble. What adapter did you use at the sender on your tank. I never had an intake pump. I assume the sender has an adapter of some sort at the tank. 

I didn’t have an in tank pump either, mine was originally up by the filter housing. I simply disconnected power to it, and left it.

the only thing in tank was the fuel level float and basket. I don’t recall all the steps to it but basically I removed the factory pickup tube and replaced it with a 1/2” ID draw straw. There is a billet aluminum adapter that goes on top of the original mount, you then attach your outlet line to it accordingly, it can be spun 360* to allow you to run your lines as you see fit. Kinda the same for the return, just on a smalller scale. I will try to find some pictures if I have any. If not, I’m going to be pulling my bed off here soon to do some cleanup work and check all my lines for abrasions and I will take DK e pics then and post them. Somewhere on here and CF I did a review of the assassin, but I don’t recall if those pictures were in it or not.

1 hour ago, Gamble said:

I didn’t have an in tank pump either, mine was originally up by the filter housing. I simply disconnected power to it, and left it.

the only thing in tank was the fuel level float and basket. I don’t recall all the steps to it but basically I removed the factory pickup tube and replaced it with a 1/2” ID draw straw. There is a billet aluminum adapter that goes on top of the original mount, you then attach your outlet line to it accordingly, it can be spun 360* to allow you to run your lines as you see fit. Kinda the same for the return, just on a smalller scale. I will try to find some pictures if I have any. If not, I’m going to be pulling my bed off here soon to do some cleanup work and check all my lines for abrasions and I will take DK e pics then and post them. Somewhere on here and CF I did a review of the assassin, but I don’t recall if those pictures were in it or not.

Thanks gamble. That is what I will have to do then. Sorry OP for the hijack.