• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New 7x10 injectors max fueling question

Kodiak24V

• Owner
4 minutes ago, notlimah said:

That’s kinda what I was gettin at Mike :thumb1:

and the stock 47 is even worse!

Between weak input shaft. Slipping the torque converter clutch. Slipping the direct and overdrive clutch packs. Excessive transmission fluid temperature. Yeah, it can be much worse. 7 x 0.010 injectors and Quadzilla with 36" tires torque trapping so its design to fail. I would ditch the 36" tires and the lift get down to a smaller tire or something that can release torque by spinning. 3.55 final gear on 36" like I said are like 3.05 or so. Way too tall and lot of stress placed on the transmission. Way better setup would drop the 3.55 gears and install 4.56 or 4.88 and that would be a screaming animal. Still need to beef up the 47RE... 

15 hours ago, Me78569 said:

Your tune is starting way to low for those injectors.  I might ask DAP to go over the injectors again.  I know @dodgeih was fighting similar issues and the injectors, not dap in this case, where to blame. It could be that something is up with your set.  It happens.

The gearing doesn't help but you should be able to tune it smoke free, it would be a pig, but it would be smoke free.

Im trying all kinds of stuff with the fuel. I brought it back up to 86 going up hitting 116 by 30psi. Seems to not smoke much anymore. It wouldn't start this morning @ 75 @ 0psi. I don't mind playing with it and changing things around. That's why I bought the quad, I like to fool with tuning. How do I turn off pump tap in the settings. Just drive on level 3?

11 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Keep in mind the the quadzilla is effectively off during cranking, so it wouldn't start in the morning it is related to some fueling issue.  

To disable pump tap just run on lvl 3.

May have been from not running the grid heater then. I figured 50 degrees out I could skip it and just crank. It would cough quick and stall.