• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New turbo help tuning

Youngblood24v

Put a new turbo on my truck and my normal “hot tune” isn’t cutting it. Seems really laggy still. Should I amp up my fueling some more? Normal daily driving seems really laggy and I noticed my boost pressure is lower. Can’t find any leaks so I believe I need to adjust my tuning. Also have 2 data logs attatched of some small pulls  that I will post up later tonight

Power Levels:6

Timing

Fuel Load Timing:2

Low PSI Timing Reduct:1

Timing Reduct Scaling:100

Light Throttle Timing Adv:2.5

Light Throttle Timing Load Limit:10

Timing vs rpm

1500:16

2000:18

2500:23

3000:25

Timing Max:26

Wiretap

Pump Stretch:2200

TPS Pump max:100

TPS Pump Min:0

Minimum Pump Tap Fueling Percentage:20

Pump Low Boost Scale PSI: 0

Boost Scaling:40

RPM Limit:3400

Power Reduction:25%

0 PSI %:115

1 PSI %:115

2 PSI %:115

3 PSI %:115

4 PSI %:117

5 PSI %:119

6 PSI %:121

7 PSI %:123

8 PSI %:124

9 PSI %:125

10 PSI %:128

11 PSI %:131

12 PSI %:134

13 PSI %:137

14 PSI %:140

15 PSI %:143

16 PSI %:146

18 PSI %:149

20 PSI %:150

22 PSI %:150

24 PSI %:150

26 PSI %:150

28 PSI %:150

30 PSI %:150

4 hours ago, Me78569 said:

still running stock injectors?   i am assuming a 67 mm intake he351cw?  

Yes still stock injectors, this summer I’m tearing into the engine and doing valve spring, push rods, studs, injectors, etc. 67mm compressor he351cw with a springgate. I’ve been trying to find a 1/8-27 npt tap at a store so I can install my egt probe just I’m coming up empty. Might just have to order one online 

14 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

You just don't have the fuel to spin that turbo.  

Throw more canbus fuel at it, but I dunno if you can push it hard enough to work.

That’s what I figured it was. I’ll talk to the guys over at HSI and see what injectors they suggest. I only drive this truck maybe 50 miles in a week due to living on campus at college. I drove it 1.5hrs (100miles)  this evening and it’s still very driviable 

14 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

You just don't have the fuel to spin that turbo.  

Throw more canbus fuel at it, but I dunno if you can push it hard enough to work.

That’s what I figured it was. I’ll talk to the guys over at HSI and see what injectors they suggest. I only drive this truck maybe 50 miles in a week due to living on campus at college. I drove it 1.5hrs (100miles)  this evening and it’s still very driviable 

9 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

leave pump low boost scale at 0 psi, thats the psi where wiretap will start.  

I would set all canbus variables to %150.  try that.  unless you get bigger injectors you are going to need to drive duration REALLY hard.  

Is setting to 150% all the way safe without headstuds? I don’t wanna push it too hard and have to change a head gasket in this cold weather 

I wouldn't if I was you, but plenty of guys run a endge on 5 x5 or a smarty on sw9 without issues.  Some do have issues.  

If you dont want to run the risk then you will just have to live with it like it is until you get more fuel and studs.

4 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

I wouldn't if I was you, but plenty of guys run a endge on 5 x5 or a smarty on sw9 without issues.  Some do have issues.  

If you dont want to run the risk then you will just have to live with it like it is until you get more fuel and studs.

It’s not bad driving it, I just can definitely tell it takes a lot more throttle to spool it up. I guess I’ll just live with it until this summer. Once I’m out of college I’ll be able to put it into the barn and start tearing it down. Thanks for the help