• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Who here is running a Fass Titanium?

Who here is running a Fass Titanium and did a clean, nice install running your hose etc etc ?

Got some question.

I have a long bed. First question: Did you mount yours it at the most forward bed bolt bracket on your long bed ? Short bed would be like the second bracket back on a long bed.

I called a Fass few times and asked some questions about their parts and install already.

Post your pictures if ya got any

Edited by GSP7

If you’re worried about the 90s restricting flow you could always get other fittings from Vulcan or somethin. I have one 90 on my long bed. I think it just made the most sense to use it due to how I wanted to run my hosing but it’s been a while now since I’ve done it. Either way you’ll be fine.

16510368-3E33-4D7D-8599-915D2972A2D2.jpeg.47d9d81798a78368d0f7974cb09ed4e9.jpeg

• Like 1

Took me a minute to figure how you have that mounted. On the second bed bracket back and pump attached going forward toward the cab. Good Idea. Good photo angle, Looks Good

Got any other pics of how your other hoses are run? I dont see the return line

16510368-3E33-4D7D-8599-915D2972A2D2.jpeg

Edited by GSP7

On 2/16/2018 at 4:17 AM, Dieselfuture said:

Wow nice and clean :thumb1: ^^^^

I would definitely not be scared of setting my sandwich inside that fender working on that fass

Thanks bud, that was on a clean install though so everything looks extra clean haha!

On 2/16/2018 at 9:37 AM, GSP7 said:

Took me a minute to figure how you have that mounted. On the second bed bracket back and pump attached going forward toward the cab. Good Idea. Good photo angle, Looks Good

Sure I’ll take some from the front to show the return. Give me a day or two but mainly I just wanted to route the hoses up and over the frame as soon as possible so they’d be left exaposed as little as possible to anything that could get stuck up in there.

• Owner
On 2/16/2018 at 12:26 AM, notlimah said:

If you’re worried about the 90s restricting flow you could always get other fittings from Vulcan or somethin. I have one 90 on my long bed. I think it just made the most sense to use it due to how I wanted to run my hosing but it’s been a while now since I’ve done it. Either way you’ll be fine.

16510368-3E33-4D7D-8599-915D2972A2D2.jpeg.47d9d81798a78368d0f7974cb09ed4e9.jpeg

Really don't like those setups. 

I installed a FASS 150 for local gent right here in New Meadows, ID on a 2000 Dodge Ram 2500. To this day that truck still has problems with gelling fuel and road debris hitting the FASS filters because its installed just like seen here. So after a few miles of snow cover highways the filter are buried in packed snow and ice.The other problem is that FASS are so big in physical size they are very difficult to hide on the truck away from a damage path or thrown snow and ice.

Remember FASS and AirDog is a Son and Father setup. Where the son owns FASS and father owns AirDog. Same family different ideas. 

Image result for compare air dog and fass

Edited by Mopar1973Man

So you don’t like the setup or the size? 

Ive had zero issues with road debri and can’t speak much on gelling as I’m not in as cold a climate. 

Either way, mounted in that general area, which both companies tell you to do, will expose them to just about the same amount of elements. Not everyone wants to install them where you did yours Mike. Putting a shield in front of the pump wouldn’t be difficult either if debri and cold was that big a concern.

Edited by notlimah
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Really don't like those setups. 

I installed a FASS 150 for local gent right here in New Meadows, ID on a 2000 Dodge Ram 2500. To this day that truck still has problems with gelling fuel and road debris hitting the FASS filters because its installed just like seen here. So after a few miles of snow cover highways the filter are buried in packed snow and ice.The other problem is that FASS are so big in physical size they are very difficult to hide on the truck away from a damage path or thrown snow and ice.

Once again, that is just "your opinion" and is a None Issue.

2 hours ago, notlimah said:

Either way, mounted in that general area, which both companies tell you to do, will expose them to just about the same amount of elements.

This is true. 

And that picture of the size comparison is the older units not the smaller Titanium which isnt even pictured

Edited by GSP7

• Owner
7 hours ago, GSP7 said:

And that picture of the size comparison is the older units

I just installed a FASS 150 last year. Trust me the FASS 100 and FASS 150 are still that big. They haven't got any smaller. Also, you are right the Titanium is not pictured. Yes, the filters hang way down in the blowing cold and damage path. 

Back years ago people got smart and mounting FASS and AirDog both in better places. I've seen several good installs where people tucked FASS in the void of the rear box which gave it really good protection from the blowing cold and small piece of metal or plastic to extend the fender on the front side. 

Now people just don't care just bolt it on and consider it good till problems occur. Like my example of that truck in New Meadows, ID with the gelling problem every winter. I admit I hung it the only way I could because the truck has a flatbed and utility box on the driver side. Still in all the filters are in the damage path and hanging in the blowing cold and still gell up every winter where I've never gelled up even once yet. 

Then again I've seen rancher with FASS hung in the typical location and tear up filters because the hung below the level of the frame. Just be going over a water bar and sink into the mud and swipe off the filters hanging down. Little steel box won't do much with 8,000-pound truck smashing the filter into the ground. I've seen even Raptor's that taken a good beating from a tree llimb that was driven over and whipped up and trashed the pump.

So its not exactly a non-issue. Location and mounting does play a huge role in if you are going to have issues with gelling or filter damage. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

7 hours ago, GSP7 said:

Once again, that is just "your opinion" and is a None Issue.

This is true. 

And that picture of the size comparison is the older units not the smaller Titanium which isnt even pictured

Do you have a current picture of the titanium for comparison? I have always thought at least an inside frame rail mount was better that  an outside frame rail mount to get it further out of harm way. @notlimah not trying to beat you up you have a clean install. Just like the the inside frame rail mount better. Personal opinion thats all.

On 2/16/2018 at 9:37 AM, GSP7 said:

Here’s another pic. Sorry it took so long. 

E14FB6FC-CCBF-4AB1-9F22-E9CA4334AF66.jpeg.162c6a393bfa92d8592bae178d0cc3b2.jpeg

I get this isn’t the most ideal spot due to road debris, but I think it’s fine for anyone not doing the majority of driving off road. Otherwise I’d fab up a shield and call it a day.