• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

V2 2.7 long idle

Me78569

V2 2.7 long idle

View File

This flash is a one off flash that contains all the stable functions of the normal 2.7 V2 flash, but it has a built in long idle function for keeping the truck running on key off, IF and ONLY IF, EGT turbo timer is set to 374*f.  The truck will idle until coolant temps come up to whatever your warmup temp is set to, regardless of what EGT's fall to .  

This gives you the ablity to start the truck, key off, lock the doors, and let the truck idle, for warmup, while your keys are in your pocket.  

Typical if tps > 0 will kill the truck as well.  

It is somewhat tested, but there may be unknown bugs. 

• Thanks 1

yes, but then you have to set it to 100*F.  I wanted to have EGT's be reasonable that the turbo timer worked when the truck was warm, but have it long idle if ECT was below the warmup setting.  I dont like having to adjust the turbo timer setting if I wanna jump out at the store or whatever

• Like 1

• Owner

I think currently the Quadzilla will idle for 5 minutes after the key off and then shut down if the EGt limit can't be reached. I currently do a similar tweak is to set my EGT limit for 300*F and then leave my exhaust brake on. The keys can be removed and the truck will run on for 5 minutes. After that 5 minutes runs out Quadzilla shuts down.

Man o man I love this flash.   Jump in the truck, drive to the store down the block, key off jump out, truck keeps running, spend 5 min inside come back out to a warm truck, key on take off, key off at the house turbo timer kicks in and the truck shuts off once egt's hit 374*.  

It's the little things.  

• Like 1