• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Qaudzilla Vizion

Marcus2000monster

We can make you one for the Android phone, but we don't have any for the iPhone and don't really have plans to make it. We would need to do a complete board redesign to do one for the iPhone. We are hoping the standalone screen we are working on will fill that gap. 

Honestly, we don't sell many of those, we have less than 10 that we built for beta testing. They do work well though. You can add on an EGT probe on top of the readings through the OBDII. There is a warning that it will only work on the Dodge's for 2006+. 

15 minutes ago, Quadzilla Power said:

We can make you one for the Android phone, but we don't have any for the iPhone and don't really have plans to make it. We would need to do a complete board redesign to do one for the iPhone. We are hoping the standalone screen we are working on will fill that gap. 

Honestly, we don't sell many of those, we have less than 10 that we built for beta testing. They do work well though. You can add on an EGT probe on top of the readings through the OBDII. There is a warning that it will only work on the Dodge's for 2006+. 

Does it plug into the obd port? Will the egt probe work on a 2000 24 valve? What do they cost to build?

1 minute ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Would be really cool if the warning would sound the Check Gage light and chime. Wishful thinking but I know it will never happen... :kick:

That would be awesome! :cheers: 

@Quadzilla Power is there a planned release date for for the new standalone monitor? Are you looking for beta testers? 

Ahh man, never say never. We have inquired about it, but it may be too much to add in sounds. What i really wanted was a set location of a sound file that would play as long as it was in the right format (mp3 or ogg or something) that way you can change it to whatever warning sound you wanted. The developer thought I was crazy. 

@Marcus2000monsterRegarding it working on the 2000 Dodge, the only thing that would work would be the EGT probe, that is if it actually turned on which is doubtful. I think we tried it on a 2001 and it didn't even turn on. We look for a certain signal to come over the CAN bus on the OBDII port to turn on, but the CAN bus isn't even hooked up to the OBDII port on the 2000 Dodges. 

Our plan was to start Beta testing at the end of last year, but we still haven't seen hardware. I don't have a specific date yet for the release. 

2 minutes ago, Quadzilla Power said:

Ahh man, never say never. We have inquired about it, but it may be too much to add in sounds. What i really wanted was a set location of a sound file that would play as long as it was in the right format (mp3 or ogg or something) that way you can change it to whatever warning sound you wanted. The developer thought I was crazy. 

@Marcus2000monsterRegarding it working on the 2000 Dodge, the only thing that would work would be the EGT probe, that is if it actually turned on which is doubtful. I think we tried it on a 2001 and it didn't even turn on. We look for a certain signal to come over the CAN bus on the OBDII port to turn on, but the CAN bus isn't even hooked up to the OBDII port on the 2000 Dodges. 

Our plan was to start Beta testing at the end of last year, but we still haven't seen hardware. I don't have a specific date yet for the release. 

Ok I’m interested in bein a beta tester if you are lookin for a few ppl. Will this screen be able to run on its own as a gauge cluster or will it be tied to the ADR? 

2 minutes ago, Quadzilla Power said:

Both options will be available. In both configurations there should be the option to add on extra sensors. That may come later. 

This is gonna be great! I hope it s going to be sold at a better price than edge! If you were to do so I bet you would put a big dent in edge products net sales. No offense to them of course! 

We would need access to the CCD bus. None of the OBDII wiring harnesses that we have access to actually connect to the CCD pins. It was in the original design spec but because problematic. For just the wiring from the OBDII port to the screen it costs us around $9 to $10 now because we can use standard harnesses. In order to get the CCD bus we would have to make a custom harness and just that piece would grow to around $45. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Quadzilla Power said:

We would need access to the CCD bus. None of the OBDII wiring harnesses that we have access to actually connect to the CCD pins. It was in the original design spec but because problematic. For just the wiring from the OBDII port to the screen it costs us around $9 to $10 now because we can use standard harnesses. In order to get the CCD bus we would have to make a custom harness and just that piece would grow to around $45. 

That’s all confusing too me but sounds cool! Lol

Does anyone know who builds edge products monitor screens?

• Owner
9 hours ago, Quadzilla Power said:

None of the OBDII wiring harnesses that we have access to actually connect to the CCD pins.

Untrue. I've got a handy little tool here created by @Chris O. that can access the CCD network. It can diagnose ABS, AirBag, Central Timer, Etc. all through the OBDII port. 

14898668020351250352807.jpg