• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Towing EGT's

There is a lot to learn about Quadzilla and V2 tuning but well worth it in the end. If you do get one there is ton of information on this site and everyone is more than willing to help you get going. There is even pre-written Tunes you can download straight to your phone or tablet. If you order a Quadzilla just tell them to load the latest Flash on it which is 2.7 or you can do it yourself but it takes some knowledge about computers. All this information is on this site. 

https://mopar1973man.com/forum/174-quadzilla-power/

• Like 1

When you do check for Boost leaks make sure you set your pressure at 25 30 PSI don't just blow full compressor pressure in it. I'm sure you probably thought of that but just in case. And make sure whatever you make up to test for pressure is able to hold at least 50 psi or more just to be safe.

• Like 1

You guys are freaken awesome.  This reminds me of a forum I used to go on 10+ years ago, that grew too big for its britches.  

Looks like I have some more reading material for the exercise bike time in the morning (the only quite time of the day.  LOL).

thanks again.

Bob

@Mopar1973Man, what is that gauge just in front of your short shifter?  

thanks

bob

Edited by Bobalos

Thanks.  I'm thinking about getting one of those Bluetooth things that displays the tire pressure of the tires on the trailer and one I was looking at looked just like that.  

Another topic for a different thread....  

Thanks

Bob

3 minutes ago, Bobalos said:

Thanks.  I'm thinking about getting one of those Bluetooth things that displays the tire pressure of the tires on the trailer and one I was looking at looked just like that.  

Another topic for a different thread....  

Thanks

Bob

Oh no, don't tell me there is a portable TPMS system out there, and all I need is an app for my phone. I don't want to spend anymore money :ahhh:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

The other thing would be upgrade from the HY35 turbo to HX35 the exhaust housing on the HX is 12 cm2 which will reduce EGT's too. 

99 model trucks all had the HX35.  The HY35 was only on 01-02 auto trucks.

• Like 1

• Owner
1 hour ago, Bobalos said:

@Dieselfuture, not that Im aware of.  the one I was looking @ was on Amazon & it was a round gauge that plugged into the cig lighter.  but..................... that would be cool.  :)

this is kind of what it looked like.  

Bob

Vesafe-Tire-Pressure-Monitoring-System-T

Just wait till people are stealing your pressure sensors. :doh:

• Like 1

• Staff

I've driven that grade a few times, coming from pheasant hunting just north of Calexico, pulling my 8k lb. 5er.   To keep my temps down I down shift to 3ed, lock up the TC, work the throttle and hope I don't get stuck behind a big rig that's doing 30

One time I had to take the Edge EZ off to run it through smog but it just unplugged and plugged back in.  I left the boost elbow on and kept the boost under 20.     

• Like 1