• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

4 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

My money is on this connection. I bet if you cut the fitting off and just hose clamped it temporarily it would solve the problem. Those fitting even back in the AirDog days in the early 2000's had issues. 

We’re going to find out soon! :thumbup2:

1 hour ago, Marcus2000monster said:

First off the truck never starts hard! I have done a ton of research and looks like everyone with air leaks has hard start issues.

The air leaks that cause this are usually on the high pressure side or the fuel return line letting air into the system, while the engine is off, causing a loss of prime which in turn causes hard starts. These are usually visible fuel leaks while the engine is running.

The air I believe you are looking for is being sucked in by the pump while the engine is running. It is easy to suck the air in but not so easy for the fuel leak out when the engine is off and the fuel is not under pressure. Really 2 different animals.

I am lucky, I still have the quick disconnects on mine. They have worked fine the 7 years I have had them. I am in a small minority though. They will go if I start having problems with them however.

Edited by dripley

Dang that looks pretty sweet actually!

Just got to honking that there’s no reason I couldn’t do that same thing and not even have to wait for parts! The Draw Straw should still be long enough because if I mount it where you did it will be lower than on top of the basket!

Any reason I couldn’t do that? I was thinking I would place it right beside the stock basket.

• 2 weeks later...